Chapter 10: Time

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

14 and a half hours of my Mother banging on about the new house.

14 and a half hours of me listening to my music playlist over and over again.

14 and a half hours of my Father snoring....Literally...

14 and a half hours of being constantly kicked in the back of my seat by a child.

14 and a half hours of pure torture!

It felt like more than 14 and a half hours..it felt like I was on that plane forever... but finally! Finally we landed! We made our way down the stairs of the airplane and entered in to 'Ezeiza International Airport'. Straight away we all made our way over to the conveyer belt where everyone picks up their luggage from. It took a good 10 minutes for me to actually catch my suitcase. I nearly fell on to the conveyer belt though.. 

Comparing 'London City Airport' to 'Ezeiza International Airport'...this airport is unsurprisingly quieter. Everyone around me speaks in a different language. The only words I can understand are 'hola' and 'gracias'. 

I turned to my Dad and asked....

"Dad, how do we get to the house from here? What time is it? ".

"Well, since we are here because of my job transfer, one of the men who work at the place I start at on Monday will be meeting us at the airports entrance. All I know is his name is 'Alejandro' and the time is 16:21. Their is a 4 hour time difference between Argentina and England Angie".

"So what do we do now?".

"Well we go meet Alejandro, drive to the house, possibly unpack, maybe get something to eat. We could go for a walk or have a nap".

"We'll see Dad".

"Angie, I'm telling you, you will love the house...just you wait and se-..".

In utter abruptness I interrupted my Dad...

"Wait, if you start work on Monday, when do I start school?".

"Monday".

"Monday?!".