Chapter 17: Deal or Date?

"Well German Castillo, I would like to get some work done considering it's my first day here".

He smiled at me again...showing his pearly white teeth. His smile was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

What I don't understand is that whenever I have spoken or gotten close to a boy in the past..i've always distanced myself. That way it saves me from getting hurt or it softened the blow of me feeling hurt...but no not with German..he seems different. Different in a good way. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, he makes me blush but above all he makes me forget all my problems..

"German, you match the symbols to their definitions and I'll add the number bonds together. Okay?".

"Oooo, yes Miss. What-ever you say".

He gave me a salute so I just nudged in him in the shoulder..

"Come on Casanova".

"Hey, hey hey! I prefer 'mystery man' to 'Casanova' I'll have you know".

"Oh, I offer you my sincere apologies 'mystery man'.

We were teasing each other..I couldn't help it. German gave as good as he got, so did I...but then..

"Well Angie, how about we call a truce".

"What do you suggest we do?".

"I suggest you let me show you around the school...sort of like your own personal tour guide".

"Well, that is such a kind offer but I've been shown around the school already" I said while I shuffled the cards around in my hand.

"Ah, you have not been shown the secret passages and hide outs though. Now I need to show you them".

"Fine, it's a deal".

"No, it's a date".

I can't believe him. He's so persistent, so certain of what he knows and wants..

"No, no, no German. It's a deal".

I put my hand out ready for him to shake it. He shook it then whispered "It's a date really".

All I did was laugh...

——————————————————————————————

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you all like this book! To be honest, I thought this book was going to flop but it hasn't! Hurray!=)