Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

  We're still at school.

-T

 With a deep breath, I typed out my reply.

  Okay, fine. Where should I meet you?

-T

 Meet me at the back of the school. The last exit door is unlocked. I'll be waiting.

-L

 I put the book in my bag and stood up. After making sure that my clothes were decent, I quietly walked out of the library. I was lucky that the librarian was taking stock of the inventory. The vice principle would have had my ass if I had been caught. 

  Landon already had the car started by the time I got outside. He motioned for me to hurry up and I ran across the quad to get to him. The camera on this side of the school stopped working about two months ago but they never bothered to have it fixed.

Landon pulled out of the lot as soon as I was buckled in. I thought we were bound to get into trouble.

  I was shocked when the gates opened. I stared at Landon and he winked at me as he drove out. As the window was open, I could hear the sound of the iron wheels screeching against the tar.

  "That was quite sneaky of you." I praised Landon after a second.

 "Sneaky is my middle name." He replied as he turned up the music.

 I laughed and turned my head to face the passenger side window. I watched as the road swept by. Landon seemed to have a thing for driving fast.

 I didn't take us too long to get to Landon's house. My mouth dropped open as I took in the sight of the place. I knew that Landon's dad owned almost most of the town and that Landon was next in line to takeover, but I never imagined it to look this amazing.

There was a neatly trimmed lawn around the whole front which made a border around the driveway. It was a two story house that included an attic. I smiled as I saw three dogs run up to Landon and me. I was a bit taken aback when one of them jumped on me.

  "Down boy!" Landon yelled.

 His words fell on deaf ears as the dog continued to lock at me. He was rather big, a German Shepard if I wasn't mistaken.

  "I think he likes you." Landon chuckled as he pulled the dog off of me. "His name is Dobey."

  "You think?" I laughed and got up. "Hey buddy." I patted Dobey on his head and ran his fingers through his fur. I ignored the weird name and decided to leave it for another day.

  "You have a really nice place." I said taking in the view. The house was on a small hill so I could see a bit of the town, like the mall and the roof of our school.

  "Are you kidding me? This is only the front lawn."

  "It's still pretty amazing."

  "Okay, thanks. Come on, we can go out to the pool. You want anything? I'm sure Freddy could get you whatever you want” he walked ahead of me into the house. My jaw just about fell to the ground when I saw the interior.

  "Freddy?" I asked.

  "Yea, our butler." Just then, a middle aged looking man stepped out looking man stepped out into the foyer.

  "Landon, your father said he had to take care of some business in the office." He handed him an envelope. "He told me to inform you that he won't be back till weekend."