Chapter 15: -Fun.-

edited

 Louis' POV

 Today I wanted it to be the best day of her life, as she hasn't been happy since the day she came in here.

 "So beautiful." I accidentally told her while I was secretly admiring her, one of my habits now.

 Her head turned to me and in shock she said, "What?"

 "Um the forest, I mean." I coughed awkwardly and looked te other way, a sign I was embarrased.

 She grinned and said, "Okay..." Then turned her head back slowly. "So, what are we going to do?" 

 "Oh! Wait here." I quickly ran back to the house, grabbed about twenty empty water bottles that the boys drank and left thrown in the lowest cupboard in the kitchen, put them in a bag and then ran back to her. "Here." I set them on the ground in front of us. 

 "What's that?"

 "We're going to play a game. It's simple actually. As you know, one of my powers is to freeze things. You are going to throw one bottle by one in the air, I'll try my best to freeze them. If I froze ten I'll be the one to show you places I know... but if I missed, then you'll be the leader for the day. Okay?" I explained.

 "Okay." She grinned at me.

 "Ready, set, go!" I yelled. She started throwing bottles in the air and I tried my best to freeze them. I noticed she was throwing them with difficulty and rather slowly but I shrugged it off.
I have a really nice place I want to show her and if I don't win I can't show her.

"Cheater!" I gasped at her as she was throwing three at a time. She was laughing really hard and I couldn't help but smile. Her laugh is now my favourite melody. She stopped throwing so I looked at her, "That's it?" I looked at her in disbelieve. 

 She nodded her head then said, "Can we play again? Please?" She begged. 

I made a thinking face but I wasn't really thinking. I can never say no to her. "Sure! What do you want to play?"

 She shrugged, "You're the leader now. You decide."

 "Since I'm so nice and handsome," She giggled and nodded for me to continue, "I'll let you decide this time." I smiled. 

She shrugged again, "I really don't know, I'm up for anything." She smiled.

 "Okay then. Maybe we could play hide and seek?" I grinned back.

 Then suddenly her smile fell. "S-sure." 

 "Are you okay?" I gave her a worried glance. 

 "Yeah I'm fine." She lied.

 How did I know? 

Well, 1: Girls always say they're fine but they are actually not.

 2: One of my powers is to know when someone's lying.

 "No you're not. Would you like to talk about it?" I asked sincerely. 

 "I don't know..." She trailed off and looked at the floor. 

 "It's okay, you can trust me. I won't tell anyone." I nudged her with my shoulder. 

 "Promise?"

 "Promise." I smiled.

 "Okay um... well it was-" 

She started but I cut her off, "Wait before you tell me I want to show you something. Close your eyes." I grinned. Finally, I can show her my favourite place. And the sun is about to set so it's perfect timing. 

"Why?"

 "Trust me."

 "Okay." She closed her eyes and let me guide her. I took her hand and started leading the way. She once again climbed with difficultly and kept wincing a few times but I, once again, shrugged it off thinking she was tired from walking. I continued climbing up the short hill as I kept saying, "Almost there, almost there. Aha! Here it is!" She opened her eyes slowly and gasped. 

"Woah."

Lauren's POV 

 The view was breathtaking, I have never seen such a beautiful place. It was the sunset, and we were on top of a hill. Almost the whole forest was on view under us. 

 "It's so beautiful..." 

 "I know right? This is my favourite place. Thought I would show you it." He said looking ahead at the view. We sat down on the ground and watched the amazing view still. "Can you tell me... now? Please?"

 "Tell you what?" I asked confused.

 "When I mentioned hide and seek you suddenly got sad... why?" He asked carefully as if I was fragile glass and the topic would break me.

 I sighed and started talking, "It was my 10th birthday, and my parents were showing me my present." I paused and took a deep breath, my eyes tearing up a bit. "It was in this forest, actually not too far from here. It was a really small room, just a bed and a big sign saying Happy Birthday. They told me to go there every day on my birthday. So I promised them. But then, we... we..." And I couldn't continue, I broke down crying.

 "Hey, hey! It's all right. You don't have to tell me." He took me in his hold and hugged me.

 I shook my head and insisted on continuing. "We started to play Hide and Seek and I was it. I c-counted to 50 but when I searched for them, I couldn't find them. I s-searched and searched for about half an hour and by then I was c-crying. But then I heard a sound so I went for it, thinking it was m-my parents. A-and I was right. I had found them. But it was their d-dead b-b-bodies. Some boy with curly hair and green eyes had killed them, or at least I think he did; he was on top of them. But once he saw me he ran away."  I continued, crying and stuttering. 

"I'm so sorry..." He apologized for nothing. 

"It's not your fault." I shook my head. 

I stopped crying and slowly fell asleep in Louis' arms, watching the sun set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

You guys should be used to me being this late on updating but.. sorry. Please don't quit reading this, please. 

I've noticed every chapter I get fewer reads than the other, so don't give up on this story, I'll try to update more, but please. 

Anyway, how do you think of it? 

Who's that curly haired dude with green eyes? (Lol *Wink wink*) It's pretty obvious actually :D

So, 

Follow me! (plEASE)  

Comment (pLEASE)

Vote (PLEASE)  

Thanks for reading!

Bye!

F~