Chapter 14: -Guilty-

Zayn's POV

I don't even know what came up to me, I felt so much anger. But as weird as it sounds, it felt so great to be in control again.

Ever since we stopped bullying her, I felt like I had lost all control I once had. I was weak, and that is the worst thing a vampire could ever be. When I first slapped her, it was like I regained all the control I had once lost. I felt strong, powerful even. I couldn't stop myself then, the feeling was too good. If Louis never had came into the room, I would have probably killed her.

I don't want to come near her again; I'm afraid I'll do it all over again. I really want to apologize, but as I just said, I'm scared I'll repeat what happened.

After two whole hours of stressing and walking back and forth, Louis finally came down from his room. As soon as I saw him I rose up from the couch and raced over to him. "What happened? Is she okay?" I asked with worry clear on my face.

"She's fine. But you should worry about yourself more. What the hell did you just do, Zayn?! You were the only one she trusted and then suddenly, you go and break her heart. Do you realize that she took a long time to finally open to someone, then you just proved her that what she did is wrong and she can't trust anyone ever again?"

"Look, I'm sorry! I really didn't mean i-" I tried to apologize but he cut me off,

"Save it, Zayn." He huffed and went past me, not forgetting to bump past my shoulder on his way.

"Wait, Louis." I called after him.

"What?"

"How should I make it up to her? I mean, you were right, I did break her heart." I needed his advice since now he's the closest one to her, maybe he would convince her?

"I really think you should give her some time. Ignore her you know? I'll try to talk to her, but you should act guilty when she's around. Just don't talk to her or look at her, then she'll realize the mistake she did and apologizes to you."

I really did mess up.

Lauren's POV

I knew that trusting him was wrong. I knew that forgiving them was absolutely wrong. What was I thinking? Forgiving them for all they've done to me this easily? It's like I forgot how they tortured me.

Maybe, just maybe, Louis is the only one whom I could trust. It's just that, he hasn't done anything since they kidnapped me, he has done only good things.

Speaking of Louis, he wasn't there when I woke up. I woke up a few moments ago and just laid there, thinking about everything. Should I really trust Louis? I could give it a try, but not to expect a lot of him. But what if he hurts me, like everyone else in my whole life? I would surely be so broken.

As if on cue, Louis entered the room with a worried glance on his face, but as soon as he saw me, he went back to normal. "Oh! You're awake. I was starting to get worried about you since you slept so long. You've been asleep for about 6 hours." He smiled.

Six hours! That's too long. I usually wake up due to nightmares after two hours. That's why I'd always go to school tired and with dark circles around my eyes. "Well, now I just feel energetic. I have been sleeping since the moment I stepped in this house." I giggled. I never giggle.

"I assume you're bored then. We can do anything, if you'd like." He walked to the bed and sat on it.

"I'm more bored than I'll ever be. What shall we do?" I asked.

"Anything you want."

We stayed there thinking for a while but then I had an idea. "Oh I know! Maybe, if it's okay with you of course, we could... you know what, never mind." I suddenly got nervous, what if he says no? I'd be so embarrassed.

"Just spit it out, I'd like to hear. Please." He smiled.

I took a deep breathe then said, "I was wondering, maybe, if you could show me your powers? You don't have to if you don't want, i-it's just a suggestion." I stuttered.

"Sure! I was hoping you'd say that anyway. We could go outside in the forest so it would give us more space. C'mon." He stood up and reached his hand out for me to take. I put on a small smile and gladly took it as he helped me up, me wincing silently as I got up, due to the newly-made bruises. I thanked him quietly and began to walk (limp) down the stairs, him beside me. When we were about to go outside, a voice stopped us. A very familiar voice. Zayn.

"Where are you going, Louis?" I froze in my spot but turned around. I looked at him but he seemed to ignore my gaze.

"Oh, we were just going to have some fun outside. Don't worry, she's in safe hands. We'll probably be a bit late, just so you know." He added the last part quickly when Zayn rose an eyebrow.

He only nodded but then his gaze landed on me. My eyes widned in fear and I squeezed Louis' hand. We locked eyes for a few moments until he turned around and walked away. I sighed but I also turned around as Louis opened the door and we got out.

"Ahh! The light!" I screeched. Louis started laughing loudly for a while but then he calmed down after a bit. I glared at him but started walking further towards the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hi guys!

I'm late again, I know. Sorry again and all that stuff and blah.

But after that long wait, here's the chapter.

Thanks for reading though!

Love ya, xox

Bye!

F~