Chapter 22 - He's up to something

Začít od začátku

Nigel:

He continued to look around confused, because in his experience only a minute or two had past since that guard got off on him. And yet he was in the office now and it seemed almost an hour had passed. And Alex... why was he there?

"I don't understand..- I..-"

- "You killed two people in cold blood, Nigel, and you just hugged me. You appear to be even worse than I already thought. Now can you tell me where I can find Grace? .. if not.. perhaps another shock therapy would be required."

Nigel shook his head and turned back to dr. Harmon. He had all of his attention now.

"I don't know! I don't know where she is, I swear. But please, not another therapy. It made me worse last time. .. Please."

Dr. Harmon clicked his tongue once and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Nigel, but you have left me no other choice. You killed those guards and now they will want to kill you. Electroshock therapy might be the last and only chance to save you."

Alex:

Grace pressed her tiny shape closely against the wall, trying to open the door a bit more as she gazed through it. There she saw him, much better, entirely this time, and so did she saw Doctor Harmon - and she heard what they were saying. She didn't dared to breathe, neither dared to swallow - way too afraid they would hear her, though she was probably located in a much more dangerous place than she would be if she would be inside there, together with the two of them.

Her eyes filled with tears again, realizing what she'd done. What she was still doing. Could she safe him? Couldn't she do anything? Her forehead pressed against the doorframe, and she closed her eyes for a moment as she hardly bit on her lower lip - allowing the blood to fill her mouth, though it was only just a bit. And then she gazed up, roughly grabbing the candlestick from the wall and swinging open the door, first standing there for a couple of seconds till they turned, but then inhaling deeply but hesitating. It was time.

'Leave us alone!' she yelled as she threw the candle in the direction of Doctor Harmon his head - missing abruptly, it didn't came even close. She sank through her knees, again pressing her hands against her mouth as she shook her head.

'Just leave us alone,' she repeated again. 'Don't ever touch him again. Pick me, just pick me, I beg you.' She grabbed something from the ground and agains threw it toward Doctor Harmon his head - again missing. 'What would you've done if some one you really liked was in trouble, screaming for help? It doesn't even matters if it's mentally of physically. You can see it, you can feel it! You should understand us as a proper doctor. Is it God what you all speak off? How can He allow such pricks to be His servants!?'

Nigel:

Dr. Harmon managed to dodge the objects thrown at him by Grace but seemed momentarily too surprised and scared to be hit to react immediately as a doctor should.

For someone who's just seemed catatonic Nigel, on the other hand, reacted razorly fast. Dr. Harmon was still leaning backwards on his desk when Nigel had appeared at Grace's side. He took her wrists to lower her hands from her face and tried to make her look at him.

"Grace. Stop. Please.. This is not helping."

His voice was calm, soothing almost.. not judging., It was funny how he could change from a delusional mental patient into someone who seemed more mentally developed than most of the doctors in this hellhole.

"Silence! Stop it, both of you! Nigel, let go off Grace. I need you both to stay away from each other. Step aside."

Nigel hesitated momentarily but then, probably wisely, let go a stepped aside like Dr. Harmon told him.