Death in the Family

Sitting between my mother and Elijah, staring at the white coffin, inside this coffin was my father. 48 hours ago, I was happy, I was preparing to leave to go back home, and now my dad is gone. As the priest talks I tune out thinking of him.

"And now Shayla, would you like to say something?" I hear.

Nodding I stand up and walk up onto the stage and stand by the coffin.

"Today, we are all here to remember, the great man that was my father. I remember the night he was taken from us. I was preparing to travel to Russia and that night I was in the kitchen, when he walked in and told me he was proud of me, that he was happy I found love." I could feel tears pouring down cheeks. "Daddy, you'll never be forgotten."

I walk down, my eyes puffy and red, tears pouring down my face. I walk quickly and partially run until I feel Elijah's arms wrapped around me. I bury my head in his chest and sob quietly. The rest of the funeral passed by quickly and soon we were all back at home, people coming over to me, telling me they were sorry for my lost. I just smile and nod, quietly thanking them for coming.

Suddenly waiters were carrying around food and I started to feel sick. Rushing towards the downstairs bathroom, I throw the door shut and lock it. Squatting down next to the toilet I throw up. Great, morning sickness, this day is just horrid. Resting my forehead against the toilet, I place my left hand on my tummy.

"Hey baby, can you be good for mummy, she's a little upset right now." I whisper, looking down and my stomach.

"Shay, darling, can you open the door for me." I hear Elijah talking lowly.

Standing I wash my mouth out and walk over to the door, unlocking it and then opening it letting Elijah slide in before locking to door again.

"You are feeling alright darling?" He places his hands on my hips, resting his forehead against mine.

"Yeah, the food just smelled bad." I nod my head, while wrapping my arms around his neck pushing my body up against his.

We stand quietly in the bathroom wrapped up in each other's arms.

"We better go find the kids." I say, pulling back.

Elijah nods and entwines his hand with mine and guides me out of the bathroom. We find the kids in the living room, playing with the other children that attended the funeral. Elijah and I sit down on the lounge chair and watch them play. Elijah wraps his arm around my waist, resting his hand over my small baby bump.

"Shayla!" Ana yells, running the short distance over to us.

"Yes sweetie?" I ask picking her up and placing her on Elijah's lap.

"I wanna buy the baby a princess dress."

"But what if the baby is a little prince?"

"Then we will buy the princess dress in my size." Ana smiles widely up at me.

"Well you're going to have to ask daddy."

Ana turns to look up at Elijah pulling her best puppy dog face.

"Daddy, can we buy clothes? Please, pretty please with a cherry on top"

"When we get back to Russia." Elijah placed a kiss on her head.

Ana seemed happy with his answer, she beamed up at him, before jumping off his lap and running back over to Jake.

 After the last guest left, it was just Elijah, mum, the kids and I left. Taking Jake and Ana up to their room for an afternoon nap, I lay down behind Jake, his back to my chest and Ana cuddling up against him. I wrap my arm around both of them, cuddling them closely. Soon my eyes flutter shut and I fall into a dreamless sleep.

Waking up I see Ana and Jake still fast asleep, carefully get up and walk down to the kitchen. In the kitchen I see Elijah plating up two plates and the table set up for two. The lights were dimmed and Elijah looks up as I enter. He nods towards the table and I walk over and sit down. He places the plates down and I see he has made macaroni and cheese with a side of potato bake. I beam up at him as he takes the seat next to me.

"Jake's and Ana's dinner is in the fridge." Elijah says.

I smile and nod before picking up my fork and eating. The conversation flowed easily and soon both of our plates were empty.

"Oh gosh I'm full." I say.

"That's good, I need to keep you and our baby well fed." He said as he stood, collected the plates and walked over to the sink and placing the plates in the dishwasher.

Elijah walks back over to my side and tangles our fingers together, lightly pulling me up. We walk up to my bedroom and lay down. Elijah places small kisses along my neck wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

Giggling I pulled away, running my hands though his hair, I place little kisses along his jaw line.

"I love you" I whisper.

"I love you too Shayla, so much, gosh darling, I love you." Elijah whispers back, his lips brushing against mine.

Hearing the Game of Thrones theme song, I roll away and grab my phone from the bedside table. Checking the caller ID I see its Bec.

"Hey Becca." I say.

"Hey, I'm so sorry about your father." She rambles on.

"Thanks."

"When you coming back?"

"I'm not sure. I'll have to talk to Elijah."

I heard her sigh as a loud crash sounded on her side of phone. Rebecca quickly says good bye and explains that Ava and Vlad are cleaning up in the kitchen before hanging up

"My sister?" Elijah asks.

"Yes, your darling little sister." I smile.

Looking at the time on my phone I see its only 7:30pm. Deciding to wake up the kids to feed them and bathe them. I walked into their room while Elijah walks to the kitchen. Lightly shaking them both, they slowly wake up.

"Time for food." I say.

Suddenly both Ana and Jake sit up and look more awake. Laughing quietly to myself, they slowly get up and I walk with them to the kitchen where Elijah is placing plates and silverware on the table.

Sitting at the table with the children while they eat and talk about going home. Elijah turns to me and asks if I want to go to Russia and I agree quickly and the children cheer. Laughing Elijah agrees and said we will leave in a few days. Once the kids had eaten, Elijah took them to the bathroom and I take the dishes and flatware, cleaning up before heading upstairs.

Dressing in my pajamas I crawl into bed and close my eyes. Just as I'm drifting off I feel arms wrap around my waist tightly. Opening my eyes I can just see that it was Elijah joining me in bed. Smiling I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep. 

___________________________________________________________

Thanks Everything for reading, I'm sorry its late and it may take a bit for the next chapter, I just moved houses and I'm still trying to get settled and my house doesn't have internet yet.

Please Vote and comment if you like it!! <3