What's wrong with me

Waking up, I ran into the bathroom and throw up. What the hell is wrong with me? I stand up and wash my mouth out before brushing my teeth. I look at myself in the mirror. I should probably go see a doctor. It's been 3 weeks and I'm still sick. I walk back into the bedroom and look down at Jake. I look at the clock and see that is 8am. Wow the flight must have worn us out.

I pick up my phone and call the doctors and make an appointment. The appointment was at 10. I head down stairs to start breakfast. In the kitchen, I see my dad making pancakes. I large bowl of fruit salad sat on the table and glasses were placed neatly by sliver wear and plates.

"Morning princess" Dad calls over.

"Hey dad, you made breakfast?" I say, giving him a quick hug.
"Yep"

"I'm going to go wake Jake, I'll be back."

I walk back upstairs and find Jake crying.

"Jake, what's wrong?" I lie down and cuddle him.

"I thought you left me" He wraps his arms tightly

"I would never leave you sweetie." I kiss his forehead.
I wipe away his tears and tell him that breakfast is ready. He smiles slightly and I pick him up. I carry him downstairs and see my mother sitting at the table eating fruit and mum dad, placing a plate of pancakes onto the table before sitting at the head of the table.
We eat breakfast and I tell my parents I was going to town later.I leave my parents to clean up after breakfast. I take Jake in my bathroom and run him a bubble bath. I leave him in the bath and leave the bathroom to find him some clothes to wear into town. I pick out a pair of red jeans and a black shirt. I grab a pair of socks and his black high tops, before laying it all out on the bed. I head back into the bathroom and see Jake still sitting, playing with the bubbles.

"All clean?" I ask.

He nod and stands up in the bath. I grab a towel and wrap it around him. Lifting him out of the bath, once he's dressed I give him my phone to play with, while I change. I pick out a pair of mini black jean shorts and a purple singlet. I put on a pair of high heel ankle boots and I waterfall braid my hair then walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I call Jake to come brush his teeth and he comes in. While he brushed his teeth, I brush his hair. Looking at the clock I see its 9. I grab my handbag, and take Jake's hand. I walk downstairs to say goodbye to my parents, telling them I won't be home for lunch.

I lead Jake out to my car a red BMW M3 convertible. I buckle him in and then get into the driver's side. I start the car and then hit the button to take the roof off. Jake looks up shocked and then giggles. Smiling a pull out of the drive way and head into town. It was a 15 minute drive into town. I pull a park near the doctors and get out.

Its only 9:15 so I take Jake to a little book store that's only 5 stores away from the doctors. I lead him to the children's books and let him look at them. He comes over to my holding two books, he holds them up to me and I take them and look at the titles, 'We're going on a bear hunt' and "Guess how much I love you" I smile at them and nod.

"Do you want these ones?" I ask.

"Yes please" he says smiling.

We look around at the books, videos and toys that the store had. At 9:45 I decided it was time to walk to the doctors. I take Jake up to the counter and pay for the books. The man puts Jake's books into a small paper bag and passes it to him with a small smile. I thank the man and lead Jake out of the store and up to the doctors. We enter the building and walk up to the reception desk.

"Can I help you?" a young woman asked

"Yes, Shayla Patterson to see Dr Smith at 10am" I say.

The woman nods, types on her computer and then tells me to take a seat. I sit by the toys and Jake sits on the ground and starts pulling out different toys. The wait seemed to go on, but soon the doctor walks out and calls my name. I stand up and hold out my hand for Jake to take.

As we follow the doctor, I start to freak out. What if I am pregnant? What would my parents say? Oh gosh, what would Elijah say?

We enter a room and Jake sees another toy box, he lets go of my hand and goes to play with the toys. The doctor takes a seat at his desk and I sit on a chair near his desk.

"Miss Patterson, What can I do for you today?" He asks.

"I think I'm pregnant" I say.

"Okay well, we will have to do some testing, just two tests, just so we are 100% sure."

He passes me a little urine bottle and tells me he would watch Jake will I went to the toilet. I tell Jake I'll be back and quickly dash off. Once I'm done, I bring the bottle back and pass it to him. He smiles and tells me he would take me to the nurse, so I could have a blood test done and then the nurse would analyse to results. I grab Jake's hand as we leave to doctor's room. Reaching the nurses office, Dr Smith passes her the bottle. She smiles at me and tells me her name is Annie. Dr Smith smiles and says goodbye.

"So Miss Patterson, I'm just going to take a little blood and then we can see if you're pregnant." Annie smiles kindly.

She takes then blood and then leaves the room with the little tube and bottle. She comes back fifteen minutes later and with a wide smile on her face.

"Well, Miss Patterson, you are indeed pregnant. 8 weeks." She says.

She asks me if I want to do an ultrasound now of if I wanted to wait.

"Now, if that's okay" I say, looking at Jake, who is sitting next to me.

I lay down on the bed and Jake crawls up next to me, looking at the screen. Annie, lifts my shirt, and tells me that to cream will be a little cold. Soon an image, that looked like a little bean, maybe a little bit bigger than a bean but there was a baby, growing inside me. I feel tears well in my eyes.

"What's that sound?" Jake asks looking around the room for something that was making noise.

I smile at him and point to the screen.

"That's a baby, and the noise his or hers heart." I explain.

He nods and then looks at the screen. Annie prints out a couple of photos for me, while I clean off the cream.

She gives me the photos and tells me to make another appointment to see her again in a few weeks.

Leaving the Doctors after making another appointment, I take Jake to a little café for lunch. Jake orders a bowl of chips while I get a salad sandwich. Jake tells me about how much he misses Ana and I smile at him, telling him that I missed Ana as well.

While we ate, I kept trying to think of ways to tell Elijah that I was pregnant. It was 11am here so Elijah would be waking up in a few hours. I pull of one of the photos and lay it on the table, before taking a clear shot of it on my phone. This was the easiest way that I could show him. I send him the picture. Sigh. I wish I could tell him in person, I miss him so much it hurts.

Once we finish eating, Jake and I walk around town, buying clothes and toys. Around 1pm we were heading back to the car when my phone started ringing. I look at the ID and see it was Elijah.

"Hey, Elijah" I say.

"You're Pregnant?" He asks.

____________________________________________

So Shayla is pregnant.... what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading<3

Vote and comment if you like it