Chapter Thirty

Would things be easier if there was a right way
Honey there is no right way

And so I fall in love just a little ol' little bit
Every day with someone new
I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new
I fall in love just a little ol' little bit every day with someone new"

I sang out and that's when I heard the pool water splash and ripple around me.

I got off my back into a treading position. I looked around me to see what made to water splash and found no source. I felt my heart beat start to quicken so I swam to the ladder and got out of the pool. I quickly walked over to the diving board to grab my robe. I tied it shut and all but ran to the door of the pool house but was cut off by Elliot.

"Are you sure you are a wolf and not a siren my beautiful Haelina?" He brought his hand to the tie of my robe. I growled at him and grabbed his hand.

"I'm sure now if you will excuse me." I tried to walk around him, but was more then disgusted when Elliot leaned in and smelt me.

"You finally gave into my brother I see. That may have been a mistake on your part." He walked around me.

"What do you mean?" I frowned at him. He laughed grabbing my chin.

"Go find my brother and find out." He shook my face by my chin. I snapped my jaws trying to bite him. Elliot smiled at me before leaving the pool house. I walked out after Elliot to ask him what he meant but he was long gone.

Damn he's fast.

I walked off to find Colton. I ran to the pack house and up to our room. I opened the door to see...

That Colton was not in there. I ran to his study and opened the door to see...

He wasn't there either. What the hell?! I shut my eyes to concentrate on Colton. I got his scent and ran down the stairs following it. His scent was strongest where a selected group of pack members reside. My heart thundered in my chest. He is never down here at this time of night. I followed his scent to room 4A. I stood outside and concentrated on my hearing.

"I'm only with her because she makes me strong." I heard Colton say clearly.

"I know but the whole pack heard you guys have sex Col. It hurts" I know that voice.

"Courtney stop it's all an act." He soothed her. Courtney! Like the Courtney that killed my grandmother and tortured me?!

"Ok" she said back to him before I heard the sound of lips smacking and clothes ripping. My stomach was doing cart wheels and I tasted the vile taste of vomit. I stumbled away from the door my eyes cloudy with tears but I didn't let a single one fall. I didn't run away. I didn't even kick in door. I just calmly walked up the stairs and changed into a blue denim button up, black skinny jeans, a maroon scarf, and tan penny loafers. I pulled my hair up into a bun and I left The Moon Chosen pack territory.

•Seven Days Later•

I know what I was about to do was a risk, but I had to. I couldn't keep doing this with Colton. He needed to learn.

After I left the Harth territory I walked to my old pack to check in on My mom, Whitney, Quinta, and my dad. I couldn't bring myself to actually talk to them or even let them see me but when I saw my best friend creating a life with her mate and my mom crying at night in my bedroom that's when the tears spilled out. I pulled myself away from my old home. Colton would find me there.

I went to a familiar witch. Greta. She was my pack's witch years ago but then she started helping other packs as well so she had to go. I tracked her down and had her put a block on my scent. She was happy to but only if I told her what the hell was going on. She didn't pity me. Greta was always brilliant. She was more like my sister then the pack witch. Greta told me what I should do. Her plan was just right. It was a risk but if I didn't go as planned Greta knew what to do.

Greta put on a block on my scent and I have been staying at a budget motel a few towns over. I've been bracing myself for what I'm about to do. The risk I am about to take....

Here I come Colton.