Chapter One

The woods have always been a serene place for my wolf and I to process whether it be anger, sadness, an overwhelming change, stress, or just a peaceful place to think. I dig my paws into the forest floor enjoying the smell of the wet earth. I hold my snout high into the air smelling the moisture when the first fat drop of rain falls on my full black fur. I don't mind the rain it brings me peace. I trot farther into the woods the rain is cascading down around me as I approach the lake I frequent often. I drop my huge body on the river bank and place my head on my two crossed front paws and gaze upon my reflection. My wolf is breath taking. I am quite large for a female wolf I have the alpha blood in me from my father. I stand about 6-7 feet tall my fur is completely night shade black that shines in the moon light the only recognizable part of my human self in my wolf are my emerald eyes. I stare at the water seeing my green eyes reflected at me when I hear the voice of my wolf.

"Haelina, are you okay?"

"No... I don't know what's wrong with me. I understand he wasn't our mate and you don't care for him but it still hurts. Why would he do this to us"

"Hael"

I hear my wolf say and I know she's about to go on a rant about how we are strong and how he wasn't our mate and how we will survive but I don't want to hear it and she will probably be pissed at me for this later but I just wish to be by myself.

"Goodbye Lena" I mutter before shutting her out of my thoughts. Just as I shut out one voice another more demanding voice comes in.

"Haelina I need you home immediately no less then 5 minutes do you understand?!" My father mind links to me.

Oh this can't be good I think to myself.

"Yes father"

I quickly run back to the pack house not wanting to keep my alpha waiting because he seems to be more in his alpha persona then his fatherly one. I stop at one of the many trees my pack has put clothing at the base of for pack members who shred there clothing during the shift which most do. Going behind a bush I quickly dress myself in a white strapless sundress with a triangle keyhole in the back which has orange and pink flowers with green stems and leaves on it. Throwing my waist length chestnut hair into a messy ponytail not even worrying about the shoes I race inside to my fathers study.

"Haelina" my fathers voice booms "did you honestly think that I wouldn't find out?!" My fathers eyes are boiling with rage. That pup hurt you didn't he"

I immediately avoided my fathers harsh gaze

"No dad I'm fine..." I say still not looking in his eyes

"Oh really because I already know he cheated on you!" He booms

"I thought he would be good for you I thought he would take care of you and love you till you both had found your mates I'm so sorry Haelina" his eyes softened and I saw a touch of guilt and sadness which made my heart ache I approached my dad and allowed him to throw his arms around me engulfing me calming us both"

"Daddy he did find his mate" I mutter and get out of my fathers hold to go to my room. I make my way up the many stairs of my pack house counting each one until I found my bedroom collapsing on my bed till I drift off into a dreamless sleep.

Authors note
The picture above is Haelina/Hael. Another thing this is my first story please give me feedback harsh or not thank you lovies!
-T