Chapter 15

Austin:" Y/n I didn't mean that. I was angry and upset and jealous. I wish that never happened. Y/n, please. I understand that you hate me, but I need you in my life. It's okay if we're not a couple. . . At least just be my friend. I hate not seeing you."
You:" You didn't see me for a whole year."
Austin:" And it was the worst year of my life. I stayed up late thinking about where I went wrong with you. If what you said happened, really happened. It ate me alive. If I knew what I was doing to you that night, I would've stopped because I respect you and I love you. That's why it's so hard to believe that I actually did that to you and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that my fucked up self did that to you."
You:" It took you this long to apologize. Hm. . . And to think I thought you'd call the next day. I'm sorry Austin, but there's just too much drama when we're together. Dylan probably hates me now."
Austin:" Why would he hate you?"
You:" Because I'm still in love with you!"

You:" When I didn't see you, I was completely fine without you. But when I hear someone talking about you or see one of your interviews on TV, I have to stop and ask myself what happened between us. Then I remember and it makes me feel like we are better without each other."
Austin:" You know that's not true. I know you feel the same thing I feel when we're together Y/n. I can't live without you. And-"
Dylan walks back into the room with a bag.
You:" Where are you going?"
Dylan:" I think we both have some things to think about. So I'm going to give you some space and. . . cancel the engagement."
Your heart dropped. Why does it seem like every time you're happy something has to ruin it?"
You:" I'm guessing you want the ring back huh?"
Dylan:" You can keep it so you can remember the guy who was actually there for you."
He kisses your cheek.
Dylan:" I'll come back tomorrow and get my stuff out of the way here. I'm sorry you had to waste your time on me while you waited for him."
Just before he walked out the door you see a tear run down his cheek. Why did you put yourself in this position?!

AUSTIN'S POV:
Dylan walked out the house and drove away. I can't believe this is happening. I'm ruining everything for Y/n. She starts crying. This is my chance to make things right. I go and hug her.
Austin:" Y/n, it's okay. I'm here for you now."
You:" I don't want you here right now Austin."
Austin:" But-"
You:" I just think we shouldn't be together. . . At least not right now."
Austin:" . . . What about Carter? I think Carter should at least know who his real father is."
You:" . . . You. . . You can visit him. . . Once a week, until I say you can come more. Or until he's old enough to decide whether or not he wants to spend more time with you."
I sigh and look down at the ground.
Austin:" Okay. If that's what you want, then I respect that."
You:" Thank you. You can't start seeing him next week, but right now you need to leave."
At least this is a start.
Austin:" Okay. . . Goodbye Y/n."
You:" Goodbye Austin."
Austin:" I love you."
You:" . . . I love you, too."

* 5 years later *
You:" Carter, breakfast is ready."
Carter:" Coming mom."
Carter went to a private performing arts school a few miles from your house. It was a surprise since he was so young. He could sing, he could dance, just like his dad.
Carter:" Are you coming to my show tonight."
You:" Of course. I wouldn't miss it."
Carter:" Is daddy coming or does he have to work?"
You:" Why don't you go upstairs and ask him? Is he still sleep?"
Carter:" I think so."
You:" Well let's go wake him up."
You both go upstairs and go into your room and see him laying in bed.
You:" Ready to wake him up?"
Carter:" Yeah."
You both run and dive on the bed.
Carter:" Daddy wake up."
Austin:" Okay okay. I'm awake."
Carter:" Are you coming to my show tonight?"
Austin:" Oooh. I don't know. . ."
Carter gets a sad look on his face.
Austin:" I'm kidding! Of course I'm coming."
He lifts Carter into the air and he starts laughing. Austin looks over at you.
Austin:" Good morning beautiful."
You smiled.
Carter:" You aren't going to kiss her are you?"
Austin:" I think I might."
Carter:" Daddy don't do it."
Austin kisses you.
Carter:" Ew stop it daddy."
Austin:" Want me to kiss you instead?"
Before Carter could answer Austin started showering him in kisses and making him laugh.
You:" Alright alright. You have to finish getting ready before school. Go get some breakfast."
Carter:" Okay. Don't kiss mommy anymore daddy."
Austin:" I don't know if I can promise that you might want to close your eyes."
Carter:" Nooooo."
Carter runs out the room.
You:" I have to finish getting him ready."
You start to get off the bed but Austin grabs your hand and pulls you back and wraps his arms around you.
Austin:" But I didn't get to kiss you yet."
He pulls you closer and kisses you.
Austin:" Thank you."
You:" For what?"
Austin:" For giving me another chance."
You:" Austin, that was 4 years ago."
Austin:" I know. I'm just happy that we're all together."
You:" Austin."
Austin:" Yeah?"
You:" I love you."
He smiles.
Austin:" I love you too."
The End.