14 / Maddie & Luke

/ Maddie's P.O.V /

From Luke:

Sorry, can't pick you up, Michael's making me get stuff for tonight. Will you be alright?

I sighed. I didn't really want to walk in the dark but I guess it would be fine.

From Me:

Yeah, I'll be alright I think. I'll just walk. I'll see you later.

Luke never replied so I assumed he was busy with whatever Michael needed him to do. It was 7:20pm so I decided to start getting ready. I had straightened my hair this morning and quickly went over it. I then applied concealer before putting some nude eye shadow on and attempting winged liquid eyeliner which didn't go as bad as I thought it would. I put a couple of coats on mascara on before putting some bronzer on. That was as far as I went with make up. I took my dress from behind the door and put it on my bed. I took off my sweatpants and lounge top and pulled the dress over my head. I sat down and put my boots on and zipped them up. I stood up and looked in the mirror. I actually looked good. I put my leather jacket on and put some money in my phone case before putting it in one of the pockets the dress had. I put my keys in my jacket pocket that I could zip and brushed and hair sprayed my hair. It was 7:45. I decided I might as well just leave now since it would take me about 15 minutes to walk there. I checked I had everything before going downstairs.

"Hey, sweetheart, where you going?" My dad asked. Him and my mum were watching some nature documentary as always.

"My friend's party, it's nothing big. I told you guys last night"

"Which friend?" My mum asked. 

"Jenna" I said, thinking of a name. "I sit next to her in physics" That wasn't a lie.

"OK, well have fun"

"Thanks, I'll try" I told them. "Oh, I'm gonna stay at Jenna's tonight" They nodded and I left. Shit, I lied to my parents. As I turned into Michael's block I could hear the music blaring and saw all the cars parked outside. I walked over to the door and let myself in since it wasn't locked. There weren't many people inside so I worked my way through the rooms and outside. Damn there were a lot of people. I squeezed through the crowds and towards a set of outdoor sofas where I could see the back of Luke.

"Hey" I said as I managed to get to where he was.

"Hi" He said as he turned to face me. "Wow, Maddie, you look amazing" I blushed slightly and took a seat next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"Sorry I couldn't pick you up"

"It's alright"

"Want a drink?" He handed me a bottle of beer which I took. I opened it with the opener that Luke had in his pocket. "Cheers" Luke said, holding his beer out. I put my against it before we both held them to our lips.

****
/ Luke's P.O.V /

I was talking to some guy that Mike knew. I saw Maddie coming over and finished the conversation. She was almost tripping over and I couldn't tell if she just couldn't walk in her shoes on the grass or if she was drunk.

"I got you this" She slurred. She was struggling to stand up straight.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm amazing and so are you. Damn, you're hot. Has anyone every told you that?"

"OK, you're drunk"

"No, I'm not!"

"Maddie, come on. I'm taking you home"

"Oh, someone's eager" She stopped me, bringing me closer and pulling my lips down to hers. I stopped her before she could connect them.

"Don't do something you'll regret"

"I won't regret it" She whined.

"Yes, you will. Come on" She didn't want to listen and kept trying to get out of my grip.

"You told me to have fun and let go and you won't let me" She complained. I managed to pull her out to the driveway while she moaned.

"You've had enough fun for one night"

"I just want to show you I'm not boring"

"Maddie, I don't think you're boring"

"You're drunk you don't know what you're saying" She slurred.

"I think you're drunk and don't know what you're saying"

"Ugh, you're so annoying. Why am I even here with you in the first place?"

"Maddie, you need to go home. You're too drunk"

"I'm fine, Luke. I don't need your stupid ass taking care of me"

"For fucks sake, Maddie, just listen to me" I was growing impatient with her now. Drunk Maddie was turning into the sober Maddie that didn't like me.

"All I wanted to do was have some fun and forget everything that's happened but you won't let me. That's what you told me to do. I listened to you and now you're saying the opposite"

"Fine then, is this what you want" I pushed her against the side of my car and pressed my lips to hers, wrapping my arms around her waist. She jumped up, wrapping her legs around my waist and I moved my hands to under her bum.

"Fuck, Luke" She said as I pulled away.

"You happy now?" I asked as she got off of me. I unlocked the car and opened the passenger door and gestured for her to get in it to which she sighed and rolled her eyes but did anyway. I went and got in the driver's seat and started the car before pulling out of the driveway and towards my house.

"Please don't take me home, Luke" Maddie said, suddenly.

"I'm not"

"My parents will be so annoyed with me and I told them I was at a friends and god I lied to them. I'm such a bad daughter. I can't go home like this, please don't take me home"

"I'm not" I repeated, louder this time so she'd listen. She didn't talk after that. She had fallen asleep by the time I got to mine. I picked her up bridal style and carried her into the house and up to my room. I laid her on the bed and grabbed some clothes out for her. She hadn't woken up. Damn it. I sighed but took her dress off. I didn't want to look but I couldn't help it. She wasn't the thinnest girl I'd ever seen and by no means would she be classed as fat but she was still perfect to me. I carefully put one of my tops onto her and then took her boots off. I noticed she had make up on. I wanted to take it off but like I had anything to get it off with. I decided to leave it and changed myself after putting Maddie's clothes on my dresser. I shut my room door and went into my brother, Jack's, old room. I got into the bed and pulled the covers over me. I couldn't get what she'd said out of my head. Why am I even here with you in the first place? It bothered me. I thought we were finally getting on. After all, they said drunk words are sober thoughts.