Chapter 5~ The Beauty Of Disguise

Sherlock's P.O.V

"Sherly?"

Teddy's standing in the doorway of my bedroom rocking from side to side, her eyes following me as I walk towards my wardrobe. I look at her for a moment then turn towards my wardrobe, flinging it open.

"Yes, Teddy?" I reply.

"Did Mycroft say anything about me when I left?" she asks. I pull out a shaggy jacket and put it on.

"No, why?" I say, pulling the jacket off with a scowl and turning to look at Teddy. She jumps onto my bed and sits cross-legged, her head tilted to one side. I chuck the jacket back into the wardrobe and stare at her.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask, paying full attention to the impish smile on her pale face. She begins playing with her necklace, shrugging. Suddenly she sits up straighter, an even bigger smile on her face as she looks up at me.

"Promise I can still come with you to get those photographs when I tell you what I know," she says.

"Of course," I reply instantly, curious. Only Teddy could make me do what she wanted instantly. It would take John a few tries until I would cave (and that hardly ever happened), it took Mycroft even longer. Teddy just seemed to have that gift of getting what she wanted instantly. If she asked me to jump off a bridge I would do it (depending on the circumstances, of course)

"Say 'I promise'" Teddy orders me.

"I promise," I repeat. "Now tell me what you know."

Teddy looks down, her hair covering the sides of her face like a veil.

"Well, it's more of a 'who' I know than a 'what'," she says. I frown slightly.

"I don't get it."

With a nervous giggle she looks up at me, eyes alight.

"I thought that perhaps I should tell you before we got to Irene's house. Can't hide it like I did with..." she trails off, her grin slipping. My eyes darken. I can still see her bleeding to death in John's arms, knowing that I can't do anything to help her because of Moriarty.

Clearing her throat she shakes her head and smiles once more. I fold my arms, looking at her carefully.

"'Irene's house.' You say that so casually like-" I pause, my eyes widening slightly. "Oh."

"Oh?" Teddy repeats, looking disappointed. "Oh? That's all you say after finding out your little sister knows a dominatrix?"

I roll my shoulders back, scratching my nose. Well this was certainly interesting news.

"When you say that you know her..." I say, grinning slightly.

"Eww!" Teddy squeals, chucking a pillow at me as I begin to laugh, turning back to my wardrobe. "Sherlock, that's disgusting! I don't know her in that way. I mean that I know her because she's my friend. We met at school during our last year."

I nod, absorbing this information.

"Why did you make me promise to let you come with John and I?" I ask, chucking numerous articles of clothing around the room.

"I thought that once you found out about the history Irene and I have you wouldn't let me go because it might ruin your plan of getting the photos. I assume you've decided to go in disguise," she says, nodding at the hat in my hands.

"Correct."

"Well, she knows me. I can't exactly put on that hat and call myself Alice or something like that."