Chapter Fifteen - I Like Being On Top

Chapter Fifteen - "I Like Being On Top"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

It's finally February and there are only ten days left until my birthday. Ten days until I'm seventeen years old. And I think I've thought of the perfect present.

To meet my twin sister.

So there's no way this is going to happen on my own. One, I have no car. Two, I can't go without at least mentioning it to my dad because I want to know why this is a huge secret. And three, I can't think of anything else I want for my birthday.

It's pretty exciting to think about, and it's been keeping me in good spirits all week.

Friday morning at school, in my dreamy daze, I was not prepared to be confronted by the wicked witch of the northeast. But here I am, walking to lunch with Oliver and being rudely interrupted by the witch herself.

I saw her storming down the hall, but I didn't think she'd stop to see me. I figured she'd probably send me a dirty look with a bitchy smile and keep going. But oh no, was I wrong.

"I know what you did," she snarled at me. I backed away with wide eyes, knitting my eyebrows together and glancing at Oliver.

"Um, I'm sorry. I actually don't know what you're talking about for once," I chuckled a little and cocked my head.

"Oh please," she scoffed, rolling her hazy blue eyes. "You know."

That's when I realized that her eyes are bloodshot. Her hair that's usually frizz-free and flawless is slightly messy for her. She has little to no makeup on, making her look even more tired than she probably is. It's accentuated by the fact that she's wearing her glasses, which I don't think I've ever seen her wear. I had no idea she even needed them to see.

But despite all of that, she still looks pretty. Somehow, this girl can pull off looking sad.

"Uh..." I trailed off, racking my brain for something I might have done to hurt Laura. Sure, I hate the girl and she hates me. But I'm never one to start drama or ruin anyone's life.

"You went behind my back and schemed with Travis to figure out a way for him to break up with me so you could have him all to yourself," she spat, narrowing her eyes.

I gulped as a first response.

Well, he finally got the courage to do it. Good for him.

"Um, okay. Listen-"

"Listen to what? Your lies?" She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. The bell then rang for lunch and I rolled my eyes.

I'm missing my lunch for this bitch.

"He did come to me for help, I'll admit that. He wanted me to help him break up with you, but I told him I wouldn't do it. I know you're not going to believe me, but it's true. I told him that he could do it on his own and that I didn't want to get involved," I explained calmly, trying not to lose my cool.

She glared right back at me and didn't say anything. "But I definitely did not want this to happen so I could have him back. You know as much as I do why I hate Travis and that I would never, ever want him again," I continued, trying to get her to understand. I know she won't though.

All I'm thinking right now is that I wish Oliver wasn't standing beside me to hear all of this. There's probably so many different thoughts going through his mind.

"I wish I could believe you," she sighed with a shrug, pursing her plump lips. If she wasn't such a bitch, I'd probably admire her for how honestly beautiful she is.