Chapter Twenty

Those eyes struck me with a fear almost as powerful as his massive hands that continued to dig into my upper arms. I, Snow White, who had never truly been scared of anything in her life, could feel the trembles of fear rolling over my skin. I tried to tuck that fear into the back of my mind and arrange my face into one of defiance.

"What are you doing?" I growled. "Get your hands off of me!"

"Why? Am I hurting you, sweetheart?"

I squirmed under his taunting gaze. Aiden cocked his head to the side and gave me a dark smirk as the pain in my arms continued to ache and grow. I'd probably have bruises later.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Playing innocent will do nothing but piss me off further." He gripped my jaw just as Damon had earlier that night but Aiden's grasp was rough and felt like fire on my skin. I bit down on my lip and tried to pull my head away from his. Instead of letting go of my jaw he held on and dipped his face down into the curve of my shoulder. I felt his nose glide up the side of my neck slowly as he inhaled deeply.

"You even smell like him." He hissed with disgust.

My heart thudded violently against my ribcage so hard I could feel it in my spine. My face burned and I was suddenly thankful for the shrouding darkness. Whether my reaction was from his words or his touch, I honestly don't know but every particle of my being was on end with fear.

"We seem to keep ending up like this." I breathed out, not daring to try escaping just yet.

Aiden's low chuckle rumbled against my throat, "How observant of you."

"You've made your point, let me go." I tried reasonably.

I didn't actually expect my words to work so when Aiden let go of me abruptly I nearly collapsed just hardly being saved by his grasp. Kind of ironic, isn't it? I finally get out of his hold simply to fall right back into it. Maybe ironic is the wrong word. More like cruel.

He still had hold of my arms and I looked up at him. The sinister smile was stretched widely across his handsome face. Aiden reached down to brush a stray curl from my face gently. The breath caught in my throat. He spread his fingers through my hair and tilted my head back. His eyes looked nearly black as they focused in on mine, "Sleep with both eyes open, sweetheart. I'm not done with you."

With that said he swiftly pulled away from me and left the room before I even managed to catch my breath again. I fell forward onto my knees and stayed kneeling on the floor for a few astonished seconds.

After who knows how many minutes I stood up and shakily made my way to the kitchen. I made a fresh pot of green tea and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. As it was brewing I quickly changed back into my sweats.

After downing a glass of tea I headed downstairs towards the exercise room. I turned the stereo all the way up and got started on my regular workouts that always left me sweaty and breathless on a normal night. Tonight I wasn't just working out, tonight I was pushing myself harder and harder in hopes to forget Aiden's foreboding threat.

My logic told me that the harder I worked, the stronger I would be. And the stronger I was the less likely another night like tonight would ever happen again.

When I finally finished two and half hours later I pulled a spare bathing suit out of the pool closet. After throwing on the suit I didn't hesitate to dive into the sweet relief of the cool water. I did a few laps as my cool down workout before I simply let myself float on my back with my eyes closed.

As I laid there on top of the water I couldn't stop the flashes of memories from the last time I was in the pool. Jasper's stormy eyes stared at me through my memories.