"Then I'm meeting him tonight."

A frightened look crossed Liam's face but our food arrived before he could say anything about it. I immediately dug into my pizza and decided that it was amazing. Liam hesitantly played with his noodles before eating them. The rest of the meal was mostly quiet besides small talk. I got the feeling that Liam didn't want me meeting Niall. How different was this Niall character? When we were both done with our meals, we were waiting for Liam's extra meal that he said he promised Niall. We both paid for our meals and sat there a little longer.

"Li, I don't have to meet Niall if you don't want me to," I said as we stood.

"No, it's fine. You're going to meet him sometime."

I smiled to him and followed him to the car. We listened to the radio until we pulled up to his driveway. He shut the engine off and I went to open my door.

"Look, Lou," Liam said, stalling my movements. "Before you meet Niall, I'm going to need you to keep an open mind."

"Why?"

"Just promise you won't over react?"

"Alright," I nodded.

We walked up to the door and Liam walked in first.

"Um, just. Just wait a second. Let me talk to him first."

I patiently waited for him to come back and I heard him whispering with somebody as I peeked my head in.

"Liam, I got tired of waiting. Can I meet-"

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw next. I saw a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes but that's not what surprised me. The cream colored ears poking out from his hair did.

"Louis," Liam said, sheepishly. "This is Niall."

I examined the boy for a few more extra seconds.

"Hi, Niall," I said, slowly.

"He can't. Um, he can't exactly talk very well."

"Why not? And why is he wearing dog ears?"

"No one ever taught him and he isn't wearing dog ears. Those are his real ears."

"Yeah, and I'm the queen of England," I chuckled, humorlessly.

"Louis," Liam said.

"Why can't he just take off the ears?"

"From what I'm gathering, he was made that way."

Liam turned to the boy who was cowering behind him. He murmured quietly to the shaking boy.

"Liam," I said in questioning manner. "How'd you find him?"

Liam proceeded to tell me the week and a half that he has spent with the dog eared boy. I tried to listen but the only thing I could really concentrate on were Niall's dog ears and come to find out the boy had a matching tail. It seemed like hours later when Liam was done telling me all that he knew about Niall. It was silent for a few minutes and I promptly stormed out of Liam's apartment and toward my own. Not believing a word Liam had told me.

[LALALALA :D]

[Liam's P.O.V.]

After Louis had stormed out of the room, Niall whimpered. I turned to the frowning boy and pulled him close to me. He nuzzled into my neck and continued to shake. I rubbed his back and his shivering seemed to decreased.

"S-sorry," he muttered.

"It's alright. He just doesn't understand yet, Niall," I said, softly, before I chuckled. "I'm not even sure I understand."