blondie

"How would you feel about playing on a team with all boys?" Coach Theo asked me while cracking his knuckles.

I guess I've never really thought about it. For what most girls I guess it would be a dream, to be around hot, sweaty muscular boys but I could really care less.

"Is that allowed?" I asked befuddled.

"Sure it is, in our division. It's a league made for boys but girls are allowed to play." He explained. Theo James was a hot 30 year old but he was WAY beyond my years, but I wouldn't mind him being my coach.

I was good, but I didn't think I was good enough to play with boys.

"Uh I guess I'll play." I agreed to play with the boys Varsity team...fuck.

~

"Guys say hi to our newest player, y/n." Theo said shoving me into the boys locker room. Suddenly 20 shirtless, sweaty boys were in front of me.

"Uh hi." I shyly said not making eye contact with anyone.

"We're having a girl on the team?" A tall boy with long brown hair and blue eyes asked.

"Yep. She's a midfielder." Theo told him. He rolled his eyes. "Why don't you all introduce yourselves?" He asked and they all spat out names.

"Jack."

"Nash."

"Matt."

"Jai."

"Jake."

"Sam."

"Nate."

"Jack but you can call me Gilinsky."

"Shawn."

"Luke."

"Kenny."

"Mike."

"Jacob."

"Cameron."

"Ethan."

"Grayson."

"Beau."

"Brooklyn."

"Bradley."

"Tristan."

I listened but I knew I wouldn't remember any of their names.

"What grade are you in?" Tristan asked me. I only remembered him because his name was the most recently said.

"10th." I quietly said and a bunch of them snickered.

"Hey." Theo angrily reprimanded.

"Okay practice tomorrow after school, til 5pm. Be there." Some kid with blonde hair said. He was skinny and had bright blue eyes. He was super cute.

A bunch of murmurs of "okay" and "fuck you" were shouted.

"Here's your uniform." Coach said handing me a black uniform and a blue one. Number 18. I nodded and lightly thanked him.

"Hey we needa give the new girl a nickname!" 'Gilinsky' said.

"No it doesn't matter." I quietly said.

"No you're getting one. Everyone has one." Coach told me.

"Hmmm guess we'll have to wait til practice tomorrow." A twin winked at me.

I nervously chuckled.

"Alright get out now, we gotta shower." The "blondie" said shooing me out of the lockerroom.

"What's your name again?" I asked him as he pushed me out of the doorway.

"Jack Johnson."

•••