Story time

Rose had tough time keeping secrets from her friends, especially with Kenny who seemed to be following her around  all the time. He would appear out of no where whenever she was with Jesse, she knew that he was doing it on purpose. As days passed into months she saw much less of Jesse as most of her time was spent on the classes and assignments.  Each day she would find something interesting to learn and the simple combats were her most favorite, they were now paired up with trackers and fighters from the first years. It was a challenge to most of the healers since they neither have keen instincts like trackers nor muscle power like fighters but Rose liked it any way.

Jesse appeared during most of the lunch breaks with his friends. He would fascinate the first years with his stories of the invaders. They admired him unlike the rest of the students who were still scared despite of the fact he tried to be amicable.

This day was no different from others, after a gruelling simple combats session Rose headed to the lunch. She ladled her plate with food as her stomach growled. She dug into the contents ignoring the chatter of her friends.

“Hi…” there were exchanges between Jesse and her friends.

She gave him a quick smile and dug in.

“Somebody is hungry…”he chuckled in her mind.

“Tonight is the storynight…” Everyone stared at Sam unable to understand what he meant.

“We are meeting up with Crackhead, he tells stories about invaders and other planets…”

“And a cup of hot choclate…” Henry added licking as if he could taste it already in his mouth.

“Can we come?” Ronny asked with wide eyes ready to jump at the opportunity of seeing an invader.

“Crackhead doesn’t mind, in fact he likes to talk to people.” Jesse added.

Ronny and Helen were instantly in for the story night. Leslie our tracker friend was ready too after a moment hesitation. The twins just nodded though Rose doubted it was only for keeping Rose away from Jesse. They all agreed to meet at the great hall at 10 p.m.

Ronny was excited all through the dinner about their visit, he resolved to thank the Crackhead for the food.  Helen and Rose strolled across the corridors until they found the boys waiting at the end of the corridor.  Leslie brought along another tracker who was chatting excitedly to Jesse.

“Let’s go…”  Helen skipped past Rose and held Andy’s hands.  Rose still found it difficult to fathom the idea of her sweet friend being with her big brother.  She thought six months was too early to develop a relation but again who was she to judge?

Jesse left the tracker and walked over to Rose. He smiled and walked next to her as they marched the corridors. Kenny quickly skipped to Rose’s other side surely eavesdropping on their conversation and ready to pounce any second that Jesse got a tad bit closer to Rose.

Rose thought the twins were taking the sister protection act too much. She wanted them to trust Jesse and at least make an attempt to be friendly with him. Jesse spoke to her through mind link.

“They are just looking out for you..I understand their concern.”

“Hey…We’re here.”Sam and Henry rushed excitedly shouting as we entered the kitchen area. The hot choclate smell wafted through the kitchen, each and every face wore the same hungry expression.

Crack head had it all arranged. He had five chairs laid by the furnace. Sam and Henry were already excitedly talking to him with the cups in their hands. Crack head revolved his chair to welcome Jesse and Rose but was too stunned to talk. Sam and Henry chuckled.