Prologue

So I've been reading a lot of Soulmate AU fanfics lately and I love the idea so I came up with my own idea for one that I hope to start writing soon.

I have exams now until November which is why updates on my other story are so slow so I'm not sure when I'll start posting but hopefully sometime in September.

So this is just more detail on what the story is about and what you can expect. Hope you like the idea as much as I do.

***

The link between soulmates is one that is cherished and highly regarded. In a world where the link between soulmates means sharing their strongest emotions, Luke Hemmings knows that his soulmate has endured some of the darkest emotions and he wants nothing more than to finally meet them and love them.

Everyone talks about the moment you meet your soulmate; the moment you look into their eyes you share a collective emotion so powerful you have no doubt that they're yours and you're theirs.

Ashton Irwin always dreamed of the moment he would meet his soulmate. He often imagined different scenarios of how they would meet. The moment you look into your soulmate's eyes is almost textbook to Ashton and he knows exactly how he's supposed to feel... Or at least was.

Loosing his eyesight at the age of 10 was hard for him, especially knowing he would never share the moment everyone cherished. Ashton has always tried to be optimistic in life, but after the accident that left him damaged in more ways than one it becomes difficult.

He often feels bitter knowing how much he's lost. Not only his eyesight but the ability to detect his soulmate, to be able to look them in the eye and know they're meant to be. He not only lost his eyesight but he knows he's lost his soulmate too. Knowing they could pass each other on the street at any possible moment and not know because Ashton is incapable of seeing haunts him constantly.

The only thing that makes Ashton fight to be optimistic, to keep smiling and live life everyday like he hasn't lost everything is the steady stream of positive emotion flowing through his soulmate bound. On particularly bad days his negative emotion over takes any positivity and he knows his soulmate feels it too, but what he also feels is love that radiates through to him so strongly that Ashton knows his soulmate is sending it through their bond to comfort him.

Ashton wishes there was a way to tell his soulmate that they will never see each other and it kills him everyday knowing that his soulmate is out there and hopeful for the day that they meet.

Ashton, however, knows that they will never be.