"Woah." I end up leaning back a little and stopping Her in her tracks.

"Have you seen Demi?" she asks me, Her voice frantic.

"No. Why? You're her cousin, shouldn't you know?"

"Goddammit!" she shouts before storming off.

"Okay?" I say dumbfounded.

Demi not being around much is a huge new transition from her usual stalker self. If she isn't with Selena, she's usually at home. According to Ryan, she locks herself in her bedroom and doesn't allow anyone in whom isn't Selena.

To me, this is all absurd. It isn't fair. Demi makes a couple mistakes-- well, maybe more than a couple. . . But still, her family shouldn't just ship her off to some far away school. That will do nothing but make her gain anger towards them.

As I open my locker, an annoying voice rings in my ear, "Hey, Justin."

"What do you want, Alex?" I ask, not bothering to face her.

"Did you hear what happened with Demi and Ryan?" she asks with smile upon her lips.

"Nope, but I'm sure whatever you say is a complete lie."

"I was told, he took a bat to Demi's window."

"That's a lie," I scoff. "Why would he ever do some dumb shit like that?"

"Believe what you want. I'm just letting you know for the sake of Ryan. I mean, her dad is an abusive drunk."

"No he's not. Stop making random shit up."

"Alright," she giggles and turns around. "See ya later, babe.

"Wait," I say, gripping onto her arm.

With a smirk she gazes down at my grip, then to my emotionless face. "Yes?"

"What'd you tell Ryan that has him acting so strange?"

"What's it to you?"

"What the fuck did you tell him, Alex?"

"Nothing that concerns you." She pulls her arm out of my grip and begins to walk away.

"And another thing," I say. "Don't ever call me babe again."

She simply waved her hand, as if she were shooing me away.

By the time I found Selena, two classes had passed by. During each class, the rumors got more intense. Some say, Demi's dad beat the fuck out of Ryan. Others say, Demi's dad beat the fuck out of Demi. All these unanswered questions have my mind spinning in circles.

It was passing period and I caught a glimpse of her rushing through a bunch of students in the hallway.

"Hey," I say as I grab ahold of her hand, stopping her. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you."

She doesn't hesitate to snatch Her hand back. "What for?"

I gaze at her with utter confusion. I didn't except to be asked that question. I'm not sure if I have anyway of replying. Do I need a reason to be with my girlfriend? I simply want to spend time with her. But I suppose, that's asking for too much.

"What's with you?" I whisper.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we haven't spend any time together. . . You know, since you're being all distant."

"Oh, well, I'm sorry I have other shit to worry about other than how much time i'm spending with you," she spat.

"Woah, okay, there it is."