Chapter 36

Justin's P.O.V.

A week has went by since that scandal at school. That day, Selena and her mom came to my house and took all her belongings. As if it were nothing, they just left. Selena didn't even bother saying goodbye to me. Although it wasn't like I would never see her again, I still wanted a farewell.

Besides lunchtime during school, I haven't spend much time with Selena. She's been getting into more trouble than usual. Being her boyfriend and all, my first instinct was to stop her. But I know this is her way of expressing herself and her intentions. I just need to figure it all out before I start making assumptions and try to put a stop to something I have no clue about.

I have also been busy NOT packing my belongings. My mom scolds me every morning of how I need to start now so I don't do everything last minute. But I won't pack a thing. If I did, that would be approving this movement, which I don't.

"Justin, breakfast is ready!" My mom calls from downstairs.

Not this again. I make my way downstairs, sighing. I used to look forward to breakfast. Breakfast time was the only time my parents "gossiped", although they didn't consider it gossiping because that isn't appropriate. But now, they seem so distant. We all avoid eye contact or any other interactions. I might as well eat alone.

"Good morning," they both greet me as soon as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning," I say bluntly.

I grab two slices of toast and turn back around.

I've already planned today's schedule. 1, No breakfast. 2, School. 3, Selena. That's all. I am no longer going to force myself to do something that I don't want to do. Therefore, breakfast with my parents is off the charts. I must go to school, that's how I get to see Selena. Other than the fact that school is important. . . But i'm mainly going just for Selena.

Selena has been distant as well. It feels as though everyone is becoming distant. And i'm just sitting in the same corner watching it all play out. I see her everyday, and it's only been a week. do I have the right to say I miss her?

Geez, I sound like girl.

"Justin, where are you going?" my mom asks just as I walked out of the kitchen.

"School," I reply, grabbing my binder and taking a bite of my toast.

"Without having breakfast?"

"Mhm." I say as I make my way to the front door.

"Justin? Jeremy, would you tell your son something?!"

"Let him do as he pleases while we're still here."

"Stop being so naive!"

She began to argue with him. He stood his ground. It was annoying and I wasn't going to beg them to stop. I slam the door behind me in hopes that it'd bring them back to earth. But as I walked away, I could hear their faint shouts.

Walking to school had once again become peaceful for me. But along with that came loneliest and bore. I had become accustom to having crazy and extremely loud Selena , Ryan and Demi around. Without them, things seemed so calm and boring. Everything went back to its plain old self.

"Hi, Justin." girls greet me by the front gate of school , but I pay them no attention.

They aren't Selena, therefore, they didn't catch my attention.

As I walk through the hallway, I get certain looks thrown at me. I can hear whispering all around me, about me. They act like they've never seen a sixteen year old before. It's been like this for a while now and I've learned not to let it phase me. Just as I reached my locker, Brianna ran full speed into me.