Chapter 29

Selena's P.O.V.

It was all hard. There was no other way to describe it. It was hard to act like I didn't care that Justin and I are said to be related. It was hard not to cry. It was hard to keep myself from staring at him as Pattie described how we were related.

According to Pattie, her and my mother are sisters. They were separated at a young age when their parents died in a car accident. My mom did tell me about her being adopted and how her parents died in a car accident. But she never told me she had a sister, nonetheless, Justin's mom!

"Mandy!" I shout for her as I burst into the house, their house.

She pops her head out of the kitchen, confused. "Selena?"

I should have thought more about what I was gonna say. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

She rolls her eyes and begins to walk towards me. "If you came here to lecture me about going over there, just save it. That woman attacked me!"

"You broke into their home!"

"Broke in? The door was open!"

"That's not an invitation," I scold.

"Next time they should lock their freaking door then!"

"Why did you even go in?!"

"I had things to discuss with that woman."

"What things?" I demand to know.

"Personal things, Selena. It has nothing to do with you!"

"And you just had to pick a fight with her?"

"Excuse me?! She was the one who hit me, why are you defending her?! I'm your mother!"

"And she's my aunt?!"

Her face expression changes from mad to shocked. "Who told you that?"

"She did."

She looks around, thinking of some bullshit to tell me.

"Is it true?!"

"Stop screaming at me!"

"Answer the fucking question then," I scowl.

"Ugh," she sighs deeply. "Well, no shit. Why else would I let you stay in their house?"

"Because all you care about is yourself!"

"That's not true, Selena, and you know it."

"You're so unfair!" I try so hard, once again, to hold back my tears. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

She groans, "Why does it even matter?"

"That would mean Justin is fucking cousin! And that crazy lady is my aunt. THOSE PEOPLE ARE MY FUCKING BLOOD. That may not mean a lot to you, you fat cow, but it does to me!"

I don't want to be his cousin. To others, it's okay to date their own blood. But not me. It is against my morals to date my own blood.

"They're weirdos! You've never cared what they were!" she yells back.

The hardest part of this is all is acting like I don't care. I have no other choice than to act like I don't care. I do. . . But I can't.

"Everyone is weird! Why didn't you just tell me we were related? How hard could it have been to tell me one simple sentence?!"

I keep telling myself that this is the way it should be. Him and I could have never been a real thing. We're too different. This is faith telling us that there is no us.