Chapter 7

Days past too quickly and it was already Friday. These past few days were great. Luke was with us every lunch time. We talked and I'm not too uncomfortable anymore. This morning, while walking towards the school gate, Isabella nudged me and pointed at something. I saw Luke standing alone. "I think he's waiting for you." She said.

"But I can't," I said. "Did you forget about Kate?"

"Who cares about that girl," she said. "Just go to him. Look. He's looking this way. Just go." She gave me a shove and Luke came to me.

"Good morning," he greeted.

"Good morning," I greeted back.

"So, can I accompany you to your room?" he asked.

I looked at Isabella. We have the same class for the first period. "Don't worry about me. I still need to go the restroom. So, go ahead."

I looked at Luke and said "Uhm, sure," While walking, he was asking me questions. Questions about me.

"What's your favorite color?" he asked.

"Blue and violet," I replied.

"Hmmm, blue's my favorite too," he said. "And what's your favorite sport?"

Actually, I love horseback riding, but it would be suspicious for him so I told him tennis. I actually play tennis too. He told me his was soccer. When suddenly a girl bumped me hardly in the shoulder. "Oh, I'm so sorry," the girl said sarcastically and I know who it is from her voice. Back at my home, my parents teach me to control my temper especially in public.

"Hi Luke," Kate greeted sweetly.

Luke didn't reply. "Let's go Sophie." He said.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" she asked. I know she was just asking this to humiliate me in case Luke agreed.

Luke suddenly grabbed my hand and said, "Sophie and I will go out tonight, so, sorry."

"May I ask where?" she said her voice getting angry. She was staring at me. Actually, I'm accustomed in being stared at, but this girl was staring at me like I'm her worst enemy.

And I can't let this girl ruin my mood. "Why? Going to spy on us?" I said.

Kate gapped at me. Her friends were smirking at her. Kate walked in front of me and hissed, "You wish" And they left.

"Why did you lie?" I asked Luke.

"About what?" he asked smiling.

"And why are you smiling like that?" I asked looking at him. Actually, he looks so nice when he smiled like that.

"It just that – no one talks to Kate like that – instead of Quinn of course," he said. "And I'm not lying about our date."

"What?" I said. "You didn't ask me."

"I'm asking you know," he said smiling and looking at me. "Sophie, do you want to go out with me tonight?"

He was asking me to go on a date! My heart was dancing with joy!

"Sure," I said smiling. "I love to."

Uh-oh! Why did I say I love to?

I noticed that he was still holding my hand. He noticed it too and he let go off it. "Sorry about that," he said. I saw him blushed.

"It's okay," I said holding my hand.

When we reached my room, he said, "See you later at lunch."

"See you," I said and went inside.

Isabella was already inside the room and I sat beside her. "Why are you blushing?" she asked. "Did something good happen?"

"Luke asked me out," I said excitedly.

"Woah! That's great!" she said. "I'm so happy for you."

I'm so happy that Luke and I will be going out on a date! A real date!