Chapter 12

Quinn and Josh stayed the night. Sunday morning, while we were having breakfast, Quinn was asking us a lot of questions.

"Are you related to the British Royal family?" Quinn asked.

"No we're not related. But my mother and the Queen of England are good friends." I said drinking my coffee. "Did you know there is a rule in how to hold your coffee cup?"

Quinn's eyes widened. "Teach me!"

Isabella laughed. "There's also one if you are drinking tea."

"What's the difference between the cups?" Josh asked.

"Tea cups have wider rim, more shallow and the handle are designed to hook a single finger while the coffee cup are more narrow and have more vertical side," Isabella explained.

"Too much information for cups," Josh said holding his head.

"You watch how Sophie does it," Isabella laughed.

"When drinking coffee, you should loop your index finger through the handle," I said demonstrating it to Quinn.

"Like this?" she said doing the same thing.

"That's right," I said. "And when you're drinking tea, use your thumb and index finger to hold the top of the handle. Then the middle finger will support the bottom of the cup."

"And you should always drink on the same spot," Isabella added.

"Why is that?" Josh asked.

"It was for girls actually. Because of our lipstick," Isabella laughed.

"I can now be a royalty," Quinn said doing the correct way of holding a tea cup. "Any weird rules you have"

"Hmm. . . Let me think," I said. "No selfies, no social media, no giving of autograph . . ."

"Also no kissing in public and no shopping alone," Isabella said.

Josh eyes widened.

"Also, no we can't travel together as a whole," I said. "In case something went wrong."

"What a pessimist!" Quinn said.

"So Sophie, when are you going to tell Luke?" Josh asked.

"I'm planning how to tell him. And it's kind of difficult," I said. "Before Christmas for sure."

Days past and I couldn't find the perfect timing to tell Luke the truth.

"Christmas is coming soon," Luke said one day. "And – uhm – my mom is asking if you want to celebrate Christmas Eve with us."

I looked at Isabella and she nodded. "I'll be celebrating Christmas Eve with Josh and Quinn's family."

"Sure," I said to Luke. "That would be great!"

Luke smiled at me. "Uhm – doesn't your family going to be here?"

"Uhm – I guess not," I said. Was this the perfect time to tell him?

"Anyway, are you free tomorrow?" Luke asked me.

"Why?" I asked him. "Are we going out?"

"Uhm – no," he said. "I'm just asking."

I saw Isabella smiling. "You know I'll be curious." I laughed.

Luke laughed and hugged me. "I know. Just you wait, okay?"

That night, since Luke asked me about my family and I do really missed them so much. I grabbed my phone and dialled Peter's number.

"Sophie!" I heard him say.

"Peter," I said happily.

"Why haven't you called me? I've been waiting for your calls for months! And you know I can't contact you since you didn't give me your cellular number," he said angrily. Isabella and I got a new phone before we left our country just in case they tried tracking us.

"I'm so sorry," I said smiling to myself. "I'm just busy with school and stuff. And don't worry, Isabella and I are safe and doing great."

"That's good to hear. So, why did you call now?" he asked.

"I just missed you and mother and father," I said. "How are they?"

"They're fine," he said. "Still hiding from the media where you are."

"Are they mad at me?" I asked.

"Of course they are really mad at you but they miss you a lot," he said laughing. "This will be our first Christmas without you."

"I know," I said. "But Peter – "

"With that voice – have you met someone?" he asked.

I sighed. "Yes," I replied honestly. "Don't panic okay? He's a great guy. He's so nice and so his family."

"But, do they know the truth about you?" he asked.

"No," I said. "But our friends here know about it. And our secret is safe with them."

"Good," he said. "I've been worried sick, you know."

"Sorry," I said. "Peter, I've got to go. I'll call you again."

I heard someone spoke from the other side of the phone. "Who's that? Lady Lindsay?" Lady Lindsay was Peter's fiancé.

"Yes," Peter said.

"Okay. Just say hi for me," I said and we both hanged up the phone.

Wow! I can't believe I missed Peter. And I'm glad to hear that he and Lady Lindsay were still okay. I wonder what they were doing right now.

"Sophie called," Peter said.

Lady Lindsay sat beside Peter. "How is she? I missed her so much."

"She's okay," Peter said. "I'm so relieved that she called."

"I've got an idea," Lady Lindsay suddenly said.

"What's that?" Peter asked.

Lady Lindsay whispered to Peter her idea.

"Isabella," I said.

"What is it?" Isabella asked me.

We were eating our dinner and I cooked Chicken Fried Steak and cooked some vegetables.

"You were smiling a while ago," I said. "When Luke asked me if I'm free tomorrow."

"Why? Is it bad to smile?" she asked me looking guilty.

"No. It just that – " I started. "Never mind."

I know for sure they were planning something. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment. :)