Chapter 15: Mr. Roman Pearce

Start from the beginning

Brian's POV
"Brian and Jaelene O'Connor, Roman Pearce, meet Monica Fuentes." said Agent Markham.
Monica jumped out the back of a truck and asked, "Do they have background on Verone?"
"They've been briefed." Bilkins said.
"Good. All right, here's the deal. Verone's looking for drivers. I've arranged for both of you to join up. I've also hired some thugs. You know, to make it legit." Monica says.
Roman looked love struck as he asked, "When do we start?"
"Right now." Monica said bluntly.
I then realize that this was the girl that had been following me all over Miami, but it didn't really bother me.
"So what are we drivin?" I ask looking back at two covered cars.
When the officers uncovered the cars, Roman started going crazy.
"Whoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo! Don't even think about takin the convertible. It might loosen your mousse." Roman states.
Jae started giggling, so I nudged her and then told Roman, "No, that's cool. That's too much chrome for me anyways."
"Damn! Where you all confiscate these rims from, man?" Roman asks as he checks out his new car.
I look at my car until Bilkins comes up to me and says, "Check in with us after you meet him." Bilkins and I then nodded at each other and he walked away.
"I'll ride with you cowboy." Monica states as she opens my car door.
Roman then looks at me and asks, "Why she gotta ride with you." I just looked at Roman and before I could say anything, Monica says, "You get the convertible. Let's go."
I was about to get in the car, when I remember that I had someone else to say goodbye too.
"Saved the best for last." I say jokingly to Jae as I turn around to her. She smiles and says, "You better have!"
"And I know what your about to tell me. Your not coming because it's to dangerous and blah blah blah. Be a good girl... Yah da, yah da, yah da." Jaelene says in a deep voice as she tries to mimic me.
I chuckle and say, "I don't sound like that."
"Do too!" She says childishly. We both laugh until Markham says warningly, "O'Connor."
"I gotta go. But I love you, baby." I say as I give Jae a hug.
Jaelene hugs my waist and says, "Ok. Go. And I love you more. Stay safe, please."
"I will. I promise." I say as I grab her head and kiss her forehead. I then get into the driver seat of my new car and wave goodbye to everyone and I then hear Rome yell, "See ya later, baby girl!"
I chuckle and then continue to speed out of the warehouse.

Nobody's POV
Roman and Brian were driving for about 10 minutes, with Monica giving the boys directions.
"So, you used to be a cop?" Monica asks Brian and he responds, "Yeah."
"How long you been under?" Brian then asks Monica while looking at her.
Monica just smirks and says, "I lost track."
"You all right?" Brian asks nicely while looking at her and when Monica notices, she smiled and said, "You might wanna keep your eyes on the road, playboy."
Brian smiles and asks, "What? You think we're gonna crash?"
"I haven't decided yet." Monica states.
Brian then speeds down the freeway, not looking in front of him, but smiling at Monica.
"What are yo doin', Brian?" Roman asks himself as he tries to speed up to Brian.
Brian then stopped at a red light without even looking and he made Monica giggle. When roman pulled up, he asked Monica, "He did the "stare and drive" on you, didn't he? He got that from me."
Roman and Brian then took off again and finally pulled up to a mansion.
"Once we get in here, you're on your own." Monica says and then gets out of the car.
As Roman and Brian got out of their cars, some guy asked, "Hey, where did you get them cars, the bottom of a cereal box?"
Roman started chuckling and said, "Eh! Real funny Fonzie." and then mumbled, "Ass." Brian smiled at Rome and shook his head.
"Roberto, Enrique, I need pictures of the drivers, their license plates, their cars, and anything else you can find. Understand?" Monica asks and they both nodded.
Roberto whistled from the boys to come his way, so Brian informed Roman, "Keep your mouth shut and follow my lead, all right?"
"I got this." Roman states, but Brian shoots back quietly, "No, I'm serious now."
"Handle you buisness. I'll handle mine." Roman says.
Roberto and Enrique checked everyone and sent them on their way to see their boss.
"Carter. Drivers are here." Monica said casually. "Good. Come on." Carter says to Monica and slaps her butt and they walk outside to greet the drivers.
"Thank you for coming on such short notice. My red Ferrari was confiscated yesterday, and it sits in an impound lot in Little Haiti. It's about 20 miles from here. The car isn't important. What is important is the package I left in the glove box. The first team back here with the package will have an opportunity to work from me. That's it." Carter explains and walks away.
Monica then says, "Drivers licenses guys. Before Christmas, please!"
The boys then gave Monica their licenses and look off running to see who was the first team to get the package.

Brian's POV
"Come on Roman. Stick with me, whatcha got?" I say as we were racing with the guys down the highway to get the package.
Next thing I know, Romans driving right next to me and stuck up his middle finger and started moving it around while looking at me and took off at full speed.
I chuckle and say, "Smart ass."
We both then pass 2 semi trucks, but Roman was in front of me.
"Oh yeah? You think you're the bomb, Rome?" I say as I heard him laugh.
I then become serious as I look in my rear view mirror to see two of the drivers got into an accident.
I didn't really care to much, but I did wanna mess with Roman a little.
"All right, Rome. I got somethin' for your ass." I say smiling as I pass Ro, with no problem and say, "Watch this, bro."
I this did a 180 twist and was now driving in reverse in front of Roman. Just the look on Romans face was priceless, so I stuck my middle finger and yelled, "Yeah, Rome. How do you like them apples?"
"Show off!" Roman yelled back.
"That's the Brian O'Connor school of driving right there baby." I yell as I pass other cars on the highway.
I then faintly hear, "Crazy ass white boy!" from Rome. I then say, "Oh Shit!" as I realized I almost missed my turn, so I spun my car around and raced to the exist with Roman close behind. When we reach the Ferrari, Roman an I got out of our cars and walked over to the Ferrari. Roman then took his shirt off, wrapped it around his hand and punch the window. It shattered, but what Rome didn't realize is that he didn't need to break the window because the doors were unlocked.
I search the inside of the car until Roman said, "Look in the Center." And sure enough, Carters envelope was in the center compartment.
"Chi-Ching! Now put your blouse back on." I say jokingly to Roman and he reply, "Hater."
Roman and I then he'd back to Carters place to give him the envelope.