Chapter 5 - A Catch Up

*Emma's pov*

Don't ask me why I did it. I don't know why I did it. Well I do; I wanted to see Her. I knew it wasn't the best idea ever but not even Clair protested that much so that told me that I was doing nearly the right thing. I wasn't bothered about getting through the blind auditions, I just wanted to see Jess once more.

However that didn't mean I wasn't nervous. I don't think I had been more nervous in my life. I had millions of questions running through my mind; what if she didn't want to see me? What if she told me she never wanted to see me again? What if she hit me? I wouldn't have blamed her.

It didn't stop me though. I got on that stage and sang my heart out. I sang our song, I'm Yours by The Script. It was only when I was half way through the song that I thought about the other coaches; they were all good friends of Jessie and I was sure that they'd hate me too.

I was surprised when Jess turned around for me, but I was happy, especially when she was the only one. It meant that she had to spend time with me. I slowly looked up to her, our eyes met for a brief second, hers were over flowing with tears, before she ran off to the side and disappeared through some doors. Believe it or not, I still hadn't got used to her disappearing from my life.

I do have to admit I felt the tiniest bit guilty. I'd made Jessie cry and run off whilst filming for television. Whether they show this on TV or not, it was still going to be all over the media, crawling around news papers and internet articles. On the other hand, Jess running off made me feel slightly more relaxed, a little better than I had felt for months even. Seeing Jess suffer made me feel happier simply because there was a chance that I had shown her a fraction of the pain she had caused me. I know that that was bad, but it was how I felt. I was desperate and in need of someone to know how I truly felt and what I had really been through and the only way to do that was to inflict my pain on the other person. I know now that it was probably the worst thing to do, but I have no regretts about it at all.

"What's your name and how old are you, love?" Tom asked and my head snapped back to face him. This was the moment I was scared about; having to talk to the other coaches.
"Uh, Emma." I said shyly. "I'm uh, eighteen and I'm from Newport in South Wales." I saw Danny stand up in a flash. Tom shot Danny a warning look and he slowly sat down again. There was an uncomfortable silence in the studio.
"You have a wonderful voice Emma." Will started off, "The reason why I didn't turn around is because I knew that you'd do a lot better in Jessie's team than you would in mine, and Tom and Danny's teams are full. I'm sure Jessie will be back in a little bit." He smiled politely. I was glad he was able to look past what had happened with me and Jess.
"Thank you for that, Will." I smiled back at him.
"So what do you do for a living?" Tom asked me. I could feel Danny's stare burning holes into me.
"I work from home, writing, recording and producing songs."
"So you're using Jess' house and Jess' recording studio to make a aliving for yourself even after all the shit you put her through?" There it was.  Danny had snapped.
"Danny. Not here." Tom warned. "Emma, why don't you show us a song you've written?" I nodded and looked around.
"Can I use the key board?"

Everything was set up for me on the stage, despite my protests; I was perfectly happy to go into where the band were, within the next five minutes. "So... This is the song that got me the job. It's on one of Bruno Mars' albums." I smiled softly at the memory as I carefully laid my guitar on the stage.
"Take it away." Will smiled. Danny wasn't  having any of it though.  He  was just sitting in hid chair with his arms folded, sulking like a two year old. Clair had cupped Danny's cheek. Maybe she was trying to make him see differently, I don't know.
I took in a deep breath and started to sing and play the chords on the piano. "I know you're somewhere out there,
Somewhere far away.
I want you back,
Yeah I want you back.
My neighbours think I'm crazy,
But they don't understand;
You're all I have,
Or all I had.

"At night when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the moon,
Tryin' to get to you.
In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too.
Or am I fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon?

"Oh I'm feeling like I'm famous;
The talk of the town.
They say I've gone mad,
Yeah I've gone mad.
But they don't know what I know,
'Cos when the sun goes down
Someone's talking back.
Yeah they're talking back. Oh.

"At night when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the moon,
Tryin' to get to you.
In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too.
Or am I fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon?

"Ahh,
Ahh,
Ahh,
Do you ever hear me calling?
Ahh, oh oh oh,
Ahh, oh oh oh.

"'Cos everynight I'm talking to the moon,
Still tryin' to get to you.
In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too,
Or am I a fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon?

"I know you're somewhere out there,
Somewhere far away." I opened my eyes as I finished the small run at the end of the song and I was astounded. All of the audience were on their feet. All of the coaches, minus Danny and Jess, were standing and clapping. I was lost for words - that was the first time I had seen appreciation for my work outside of the studio. It hadn't before felt real that people actually liked it. I just couldn't believe it.

"Well done, Emma. You definitely deserve the credit where it's due." Tom told me. "You are truly talented and I wish my team wasn't full."
Still completely stunned, I stuttered, "Thank you so much!"
"No! That's not fair! She's using all of Jess' things after everything that's happened! You know how Jess has been since Emma left her!" I sighed at Danny' words and sat down on the steps on the front of the stage.
"Danny that's none of our business. That's between Jessie and Emma."
"Jessie is one of my closest friends! She was there for me when I most needed there and I'm here for her now." I glanced at Clair who was standing next to Danny with teary eyes. I was there for Danny too when Clair died, had he just forgotten that?
"It hasn't been easy for me either you know." I spoke before Tom could speak again. "Everyone in school staring at me. I couldn't leave my house for five weeks  because there were constantly  paparazzi outside my house trying to get a story out of me."
"Boohoo, poor little Emma." Danny patronised. "She left her girlfriend but she's still the victim."
"Danny stop!" Jess' voice came from the side of the stage. I slowly turned my head to face her voice and saw her beautiful figure walk up the steps towards me. I quickly found my feet and stood up too. I could feel my heart racing in my chest as Jess stopped just centremeters in front of me. I closed my eyes as her scent filled my nostrils once more. She was standing right there.
"I'm just looking out for you Jess." He told her.
"I know and I'm grateful," Jess smiled and I opened my eyes just to see it. It was beautiful, she was beautiful. "But I've lied to you all." Jess glanced at me apologetically.
"What do you mean?" Danny asked.
"Emma didn't leave me. I walked out on Emma." The was a loud gasp from everyone before silence spread through the room. "I know I shouldn't have and I'm sorry for lying to you all. However I'm not going to talk about it anymore. We've all moved on now and it's in the past." Jess could speak for herself there. However Jess turned to face me full on and looked into my eyes properly for the first time  in nineteen and a half months and it felt amazing. "I'm sorry for lying to everyone and blaming it on you. I hope you can forgive me enough to join me on my team?"
It felt like I was just standing there staring deep into her eyes for ten minutes before I actually answered, "Of course I do. How could I not?" I grinned before she pulled me in for a hug.

I had finally got my Jessie hugs back. I was one step closer to making Jess mine again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys! I apologise for the update the other day that I had to delete because it was only a half written chapter :/ Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it isn't proof read because I'm tired and laziness, I might check over it in the morning whilst I'm waiting for a parcel :)

Obviously neither Emma or myself wrote 'Talking to The Moon' on Bruno Mars' album 'Doo-Wops and Hooligans'. This is one of my favourite songs by him and the amazing people who wrote it so check it out. *NO COPY RIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED*

THE FRINGE IS BACK THOUGH GUYS :O I MISSED IT AND I LOVED IT AND AHFBAEDVUOBVKINVREGHERUBGERUISBUETBGPTUWGA[';

Dedicated to grace_heartbeat for always supporting me :D

Thanks for reading, commenting and voting,

Emma xx

P.S. I don't know how frequent chapters will  be after this one because it's my birthday a week today (I'm finally gonna be 17 and able to learn to drive :D) and then I'm in school two days after *cries* Anyway, bis bald, I'll see you in the next chapter xx