Chapter 4 - 10th February 2017 - The Voice

*Jessie's pov*

Danny Cohen asked me to return to The Voice UK for series six and obviously I said yes! Danny had also told me that all of the original coaches from The Voice UK we coming back, so that would mean spending the next half a year with Danny O'Donoghue, Will.i.am and my silver bear i.e. Sir Tom Jones. I knew it was gonna be great, I was getting all my family back! I hadn't seen Danny for a while but I knew he was still missing Clair, and I don't blame him; life wasn't the same without Clair at all.

That reminded me, Emma could speak to Clair. I hoped that they were looking after each other. I worried about Emma twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. When I left, Holly made me get a new phone and a new number so Emma couldn't contact me, exactly what I didn't want. But something told me it would protect Emma more, so that's what I did. What Holly didn't know was that I kept my old phone and number at my house in a place where only I knew where it was. I could see every missed call, voice mail and text message Emma sent to me. I'd never answer or listen to the voice mails in fear of what she'd say. Emma would send me at least one message every single night without fail. It broke my heart. I was still in love with Emma but she just existed in a few messages. It felt like I was in love with technology and it was that that provoked me to release Technology as a single.

I sat down in the uncomfortable, oversized, red chair for the last day of recording the blind auditions. I was so excited! Obviously our teams were quite full and I myself only needed two more people to join my team and I was looking for high standards. Someone who's voice could instantly warm my heart. A voice like Emma's. "How many have you got left, love?" Tom's rough, Welsh accented voice asked.
"Just two," I grinned back at him.
"I've got just one left. It's going to be tough."
"I know, but can you believe it? The blinds are nearly over already!" I grinned and closed my eyes as I heard the first set of footsteps. They were wearing something with a heel. It wasn't quite the sound of stilettos but I was guessing at least a three inch heel. I couldn't wait to find out who was actually standing behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hours had passed and I had only turned once and I lost that pitch to Danny. I couldn't deny that he was a sweet talker. Danny and Tom had filled both of their teams and both Will and I both still had two people left to fill out teams. We were running out of people to audition and I was worried that I wasn't going to find the voice I was looking for. But boy was I worried about the wrong thing. Nothing had prepared me for what was coming next.

I sat up in my chair as I heard soft footsteps walking onto the stage. I suspected that this person was wearing a good pair of Converse. Something in my bones told me that this was going to be a good audition. I frowned as I heard quiet gasps and whispers ripple through the audience before I close my eyes to I hear fingers strumming the strings of a guitar. I think they were playing the guitar themselves. I got tingles as soon as the voice entered with the melody. My mind was taken away from the voice as I suddenly realised what song this young girl was singing. I quickly looked over to Danny who was watching me intensely. He must have known the song as soon as the chords started, it was one of his own. The song was The Script's 'I'm Yours'. The song I used to tell Emma that I wanted to be hers. The song that I used as a goodbye to Clair.
"You touch these tired eyes of mine
and map my face out line by line
and somehow growing old feels fine.

"I listen close for I'm not smart,
you wrap your thoughts in works of art
And they're hanging on the walls of my heart.

"I may not have the softest touch,
I may not say the words as such
and though I may not look like much, but I'm yours.
And though my edges may be rough,
I never feel I'm quite enough.
It may not seem like very much, but I'm yours."
My breathing picked up as my chest felt like it was caving in. "Are you okay, Jessie?" I heard Tom ask me from the chair to my right. I nodded and drew in a deep breath to help compose myself so I could hear her sing the end of the song. I hoped that this was the singer I was looking for, she could already pull out all of my emotions.
"You healed these scars over time.
Embraced my soul, you loved my mind.
You're the only angle in my life.

"And though my edges may be rough.
I never feel I'm quite enough.
It may not seem like very much, but I'm yours.
Yeah I was yours."

She sang the song perfectly. Her voice was exactly what I was looking for. It seemed to fill my heart up that tiny little bit. The way she sang the last line as "I was yours" told me that she wasn't afraid to sing with her wounds open; something that you needed to be able to do in this business. In the last second my hand slammed down on the button as I stood up. I was desperate to see who was singing to me.

When I first saw her, she had her head down but I could see a small hint of a smile forming on her face. She had long, chestnut coloured hair that swept past her shoulders and petit boobs with a full fringe. Her acoustic guitar was clutched to her body. This girl was no older than twenty and had a tiny body, if anything she was underweight, but I'm sure that would all change after being on team Jessie because I'm always bringing in food to rehearsals. I noticed that no one else had turned around and I let let out a "Booyah!" That was cut off as soon as we made eye contact as she looked up. Those eyes, I'd seen them before. It couldn't be...
"What's yo' name?" Will asked beside me as I looked over to Danny. He was giving her a death stare. It was her. Nobody else could sing that song like that. I swallowed.
"My name is Emma, and I'm from South Wales." She spoke slightly timidly watching me. I still hadn't sat down and I could feel the tears already falling down my face. It was Emma. My Emma, standing ten metres in front of me. I did the only thing I knew I could do and that was run off to the side of the stage with Emma's beautiful eyes watching me as I went.

I closed the door of my dressing room and sat down leaning against it with my head buried in my hands. I was the only one that turned for Emma, therefore she had to be on my team. How was I supposed to deal with that? How would Aaron react? Fuck I was scared, terrified even. I didn't want to hurt Emma anymore than I already had. What was I supposed to do?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: just so you guys know, the last chapter was set in January and not July like it said, but I've changed it now :)
Dedicated to LovaticHeartbeat97 for staying up to read the last chapter and always supporting me, thank you :D
I miss these guys on The Voice :(
At the top is I'm Yours by The Script, one of my favourites by them.
Thanks for reading, commenting and voting,

Emma xx