Way to go technology ruining realtionships

We walked hand in hand out of Papa Sal's. My head leaning against his shoulder. Tired from laughing from all the jokes we shared while eating the pizza.

He told that once his friend wanted to prank a teacher and called the teacher's wife pretending to be his boyfriend. I laughed way too much when he told me that his friend got suspended. Ray actually acted the whole thing out and it was hilarious!

Life seemed perfect till my phone beeped. Way to go technology ruining realtionships since you were created. Jk jk . Not really.

I snapped out of my trance and looked at the text. My mum wont be coming home today she will be staying over. So tomorrow i have to go to my new school alone... great.

"Hey Ray which school do you go to ?" i asked him, looking up .

"Umm Rose Academy. Speaking of which you're going there too right ?" he questioned.

I just blinked . How did he know that ? I mean i hadn't told him that.

"Rose hills is pretty small . So we only have one school. Rose Academy. It has both a boarding school and a regular school. Its a pretty small but functional academy.  " he finished answering my unspoken question.

"How do you know i moved here ? I mean i barely recognised you but you found me " i questioned .

"Well you ask too many questions" he stated.

I pouted , sightly disappointed. I know I sounded too curious. But i couldn't help it. He caught me pouting and gave out a sigh. I knew it would work.  Cue my evil laughter. No one can say no to Mimi's pouts.

"Fine, well you know my dad right?" he asked.

"Actually no , he left to this town before you guys right ? So i barely know him . But i remember your mum, Ella! Gosh i loved her " i said chukling.

"Well you should come over she would want to see you, by the way Mr. Rivers is my dad . Xavier Rivers to be exact." he said.

"Wait whaaattttt , he's your dad? The town mayor ?  He looked so young , i mean it a non - creepy way. Ohhh so that explains  you knowing about us moving in" I commented. Also slightly blushing remebering our first meeting when i acted like a total weirdo towards his dad. Which i am , a weirdo I mean, but I keep the situation under control...most of the time at least.

"Yap" he answered simply.

I remembered when i was little and my mum had to work the night shift she left me to sleepover at Ray's place. We used to have the best sleepovers. His family was like my family too. We were so close. I wonder how Ella is now. Me being the single child, loved visits to their house . They were a large family. Ray had 1 older sister , 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister and a small baby boy as well. Yap they were a big family. I bet they are all grown up now.

He said since my mum won't be home i can spend some time at his house then go home. And so we walked in comfortable silence to his home. Our hands intertwined.