Lock Down

I waited until Amarog left the room. "It has to be Eric, Cristian, behind the attacks I mean. This can't be a coincidence." I fumed, "It has to be him, leading them."

I tried to remain calm but I wasn't fooling him. He looked at me strongly, and went to the window. He looked on as Amarog did, finding some distant spot to focus on until he collected himself. My obsession with Eric was bothering him, but he openly answered. "I don't think so Anna. He was loyal to Pack laws, I doubt he'd team with the nomads."

"Nomads? I thought you said Dires."

"Yeah, the Barlow family," he shifted, "Breeded Dire wolves, and pack-less nomads."

"I know them." I blurted.

He cocked his eyebrow, "You know them."

"No, I saw them..." I corrected, "at the party, I was told to stay away from them."

I thought they were a part of the pack, but I guess I was wrong.

"That's good advice, Amarog doesn't trust them, but I don't want you to worry about it, let me handle it, ok." Although I nodded with a quick ok, I couldn't just leave it at that. I walked to Cristian at the window, planning to place a subtle kiss on his cheek, but he pulled me into a tight embrace. He held my chin so our eyes would meet. "What are you planning?"

I rolled my eyes. "And what makes you think I'm planning something?"

"Because I know you Anna, you were about to walk out of here a little too easily, and I know I'm way too irresistible for that. So you must have something on your mind."

I pulled my chin from his hand and folded my arms. "I'm going to see if I could find some information on the Dires, nomads."

"What kind of information."

"I just want to know more about them that's all."

"Think you'll find anything useful?"

I shrugged, "Won't hurt to try."

Instead of a goodbye kiss he twisted his finger around my hair,and ran another down my abdomen. "I'll be here if you need me, have Sara check on the progress of Luke and your mom for me please."

I allowed him to kiss me, and left to find Sara. The smell of fresh liver mush told me she was in the kitchen.

"Want a sandwich." She asked, preparing a plate.

Of course I didn't object. It'd been a few months since my mom made any I was starving, so this was perfect. "Smells good, how do you cook yours?" I asked taking a seat.

"Fried and crispy of course." She retorted happily.

Liver mush was one of my favorite dishes, and fried crispy on a sandwich with mayo, would definitely ease my hunger pangs. I finished the sandwich and chips in minutes, but chatted with Sara before checking the time. I wasn't keeping up with the time, and decided to call myself. I dialed to my mother's house from the kitchen, but there was no answer. I assumed they were on the way, so I called Luke's cell, still no answer, so I tried again. I tried again and pushed down my worry. They'd make it, it was only a few miles, and they were together. I also knew it would be awhile, if there was another attack. The first two were over four days apart, and if running from Lexington to here, it would take no less than a days. If they hunted and rested then we had approximately three days to prepare.

When I decided to head to the basement, Kael was walking in with the Gregory's. I greeted them, with Sara close behind. Mrs. Charlotte was the first to question the situation. "Death must be at the door for us to be rushed here by this brute."