Shattered

Jimin P.O.V
The dismissal bell rang loudly and I walked briskly out of school, eager to see Jungkook again. Reaching his ward, I pushed open the door, only to see an empty bed with a nurse changing the bed sheets. My heart sank and I felt a pang of alarm. "Hello, may I know where this patient is?" I asked the nurse. "Oh, he is discharged and went off with a man. He left this behind though." She handed me the teddy bear I gave him and with shaky hands, I took it from her. Exiting the ward quickly, I pressed the bear's paw. Jungkook's voice emmited from it. "Jimin, I'm kidnapped. Abandoned house at Incheon beach." No... Jungkook! Gripping the teddy bear tightly, I sprinted out of the hospital and out beside the main road, hoping to hail a taxi. Hoseok and Taehyung were there as well, waving as soon as they saw me. Their expression turned into a concerned one as I approached them. Not speaking, I handed them the bear and they listened to Jungkook's message. Taehyung screeched in horror, slapping Hoseok's shoulder. "We are coming with you." Hoseok said, trying to calm Taehyung. I nodded, putting my hand out and signalling at a taxi. My palms were sweaty and I could barely open the doors. I told the driver my destination, tears threatening to fall as I spoke. The thought of discovering something undesirable made me sick and I fiddled with the keychain on my bag, unable to sit still. "Yah Jimin, Jungkook is going to be alright." Hoseok patted my back. I nodded, still unconvinced. If anything happens to Kookie I will never forgive myself. I remembered promising myself the night before, when Kookie was safe in my arms, that I won't ever let him suffer again. I'm so sorry, Kookie. Hot tears rolled down my cheek as I thought of all the possible scenarios. I fought back the tears, wiping them away harshly. No, my Kookie will be fine. Images bombarded me and I was lost in thought, until the taxi jolted to a stop. I quickly handed the money to the driver and rushed out without even getting my change. The area was deserted, filled with tall trees and bushes. The distinct sound of waves crashing onshore could be heard in a distance and the wind blew softly, ruffling the leaves on branches. It was a picturesque place, as if nothing will ever happen here. I ran towards the left, signalling and Hoseok and Taehyung to search the right side. My heart thumped wildly with each second passing by like droplets of precious water dripping away. A lump formed in my throat and my mouth felt dry. Panic engulfed my like a tidal wave. I placed my palms on my knees, panting. In the same direction I was facing, a wooden house stood in a distance, dead leaves surrounding it. There seemed to be no one around the area. I called Taehyung, telling him my location and sprinted to the house The rusted metal gate creaked open slowly and I stepped in. "Jungkook? Kookie? Its Jimin!" I ran into the living room. No one. A small door at the side caught my eye and I pushed it open. What I saw made my heart beat twice as fast. A small figure lay on the floor, his long fringe covering his eyes. His body was glistering with sweat and his chest moved up and down heavily, desperately gulping in air. Jungkook. I dropped to my knees immediately, scooping him up in my arms.

No one's P.O.V
Jungkook moved his head on to Jimin's chest. This time, Jimin let the tears flow out freely, gripping Jungkook's arm tightly as he cried. Brushing hair away, Jimin could see pain and relief in the younger's eyes. Jungkook felt much better, thanking his lucky stars that he could see his beloved one last time. Deep down in his heart, he knew the end was nigh. "Kookie... stay with me... the ambulance is coming." Jimin sobbed. It broke Jungkook's heart to see him like that. "Hyung. I don't think I can make it. The poison is too strong." The younger managed to splutter out after much effort. Footsteps could be heard and Taehyung appeared together with Hoseok. They knelt beside Jungkook, with Taehyung crying and Hoseok trying to hold back his tears.
"Hyungs, thank you for taking care of me, although we didn't spend much time together."
Jungkook coughed and blood stained Jimin's uniform. He held Jungkook even tighter, crying and shaking his head harder.
"Jimin, I'm sorry for not being able to be with you long enough. You taught me so many things, to smile, to be happy... to love."
He managed a pained smile before continuing.
"Please lead a better life after I'm gone. I know I didn't have a chance to say this... and I probably never will, but... I love you."
Jimin's tears streamed down his face and dripped on to Jungkook's, mixing their tears together.
"Kookie, I love you too." Jimin leaned downwards, placing a kiss on Jungkook's forehead. Sirens blared in a distance, but the latter no longer cared. His body felt colder and colder, mind no longer able to think coherently. The pain that infested his body for so long intensified and all he could hear was the sobs coming from Taehyung and Hoseok, together with Jimin's voice, telling him to stay awake. More footsteps.
"Jimin, I love you, forever."
As the door flew open, a force dragged Jungkook's soul upwards. No matter how much he struggled to return to his body, it continued to pull him upwards, to the heavens. And then everything turned black.

Jimin's P.O.V
Jungkook was slipping away, I could tell. All I could do was to sit there and cry. His body sank further into mine and I held his hand, feeling him get colder and colder. As the door flew open and the paramedics arrived, Jungkook's hand fell to the ground, his head tilted to my side. And I knew. Letting out a cry, I shook Kookie's body violently, hoping he just closed his eyes temporarily. Hoping he was just pranking me. Hoping that he was still alive. Beside me, Taehyung and Hoseok tried to talk to me, but all I could hear was muffled voices. Everything went into slow motion. Flashes of the past moments with Jungkook came into my mind, those happy times I wished could last forever, but didn't. Running out of the house, I turned my head to face the skies, not caring when large raindrops fell onto my face. I let out a shout towards the heavens, my heart aching terribly. Why? Why must you take Jungkook away? Why must you leave me all alone again?! I dropped to my knees, begging for one last chance to hear Kookie's angelic voice, to see his beautiful smile, to touch his soft hands. The rain poured down, washing away the seemingly endless amount of tears on my face. I watched the paramedics carry Kookie into the ambulance, leaving me all alone. Arms surrounded my body, pulling me into a warm embrace and guiding me away from the house slowly. But my heart felt colder than ever.