Lonely Souls

Jungkook P.O.V
I stood beside Jimin while he spoke to the Principal. My palms were sweaty and I bit my lip nervously, wondering if I had made a good choice.
"Jungkook?" The Principal called. I raised my head slowly. "Welcome to this school!" My eyes widened and I looked at Jimin, who was smiling like a Cheshire cat. Maintaining my poker face, I nodded and muttered a thanks. A set of school uniform was handed to me, together with two stack of textbooks. I wondered if Jimin paid for this. Picking up the textbooks and uniform, I walked out of the school gate with Jimin trailing behind, carrying the other stack of textbooks.
Will Jimin's friends accept me? Will I be left out in this school? These thoughts clouded my head until Jimin nudged me to walk in the opposite direction, towards his house. I wondered why his parents were never at home and didn't stop him from bringing a complete stranger home.

Jimin P.O.V
Aish the books are so heavy! I struggled to lift them up higher and walked briskly back home. The gates to my home greeted me soon and I pressed the doorbell, waiting for my mom to open it. That was when it hit me. They are gone. Controlling my tears, I fumbled for the keys and opened the gates. Jungkook stood in a distance, hesitating. I motioned at him to come in. He opened his mouth and quietly asked, "Where are your parents? I'm sure they wouldn't want me to stay over." I could feel something stuck in my throat and tears brimming my eyes. "No... they won't mind. Come in." I replied, wincing when my voice came out funny. Park Jimin, don't cry in front of Jungkook. He looked at me and for a moment, I thought I saw worry written on his face. But it was soon replaced with his signature poker face and he dragged his books in. I turned away and walked into the living room, praying that he did not see the tear that rolled down my face. I recalled how mom would greet me with a homemade chocolate cake and how dad would pat the seat beside him, asking me to watch the football match with him. The memories came flooding back to me as I climbed the staircase and headed into my room. Burying my face in the pillow, I cried silently. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear Jungkook walk into my room. I felt one side of the bed sink down and instantly knew it was him. "Hyung, what's wrong?" I shook my head and told him I was just tired. All of a sudden, I felt myself being flipped around. Jungkook stared at my red eyes and tear-soaked pillow. "Yah hyung! Tell me!" He begged.

Jungkook P.O.V
Shocked filled me when I discoved Jimin crying. The cheerful, bubbly Jimin had broken down. The sight made me uncomfortable but I had to find out what was troubling him. "It was the car crash last month." He spoke, eyes growing distant and more tears poured out. "My parents died because of that darned ice on the road." The sudden realisation hit me. So this was why nobody stopped him from bringing me home. We were both lonely souls, broken and wanting to be loved. My heart ached badly for him. I automatically wrapped my arms around him and awkwardly patted his back. This was the first time I had ever done this to someone. Jimin shifted closer to me and pressed his face on my tee shirt, his tears being soaked up by it. I don't know how long we stayed there before Jimin slowly removed himself from me. "Thank you." He said. "No problem." I slowly replied before heading out of his room because the silence was killing me. Did I just do that?

A/N
HEYYY thank you for the votes, comments and reads! Although I may not respond to all of you but I appreciate all these :) See you in the next update!!