Chapter 11 - Welcome Home

Start from the beginning

"Caz, Dan, what are you doing here?" Mum asked in disbelief.

"I missed you guys so I came over early!" Caz squealed excitedly before she ran and jumped on Edward and I. We all laughed at her antics before she stoped to examine my face. "OMG, Cam! What happened to your face?"

"Edward punched me." I said still in my daze.

"Edward! Why did you punch her? Was Ethan around to stop you two psycho's?" Her head shot up to look at Ethan and she paused as she examined Lily. "Cameron, you have a little girl in your dining room." She whispered quietly. The whole room heard her anyway and laughed awkwardly. Well shit, didn't really prepare for this. I eyed her carefully before I moved her so she sat on the chair next Ethan. She stared at me confused, still. I stood up and signalled for Mum to take a seat next to Caz. I looked over at Lily who looked awkward and slightly out of place. Jack picked up on this quickly and pulled her into him. Ethan picked her up and held onto her waiting for me to say something.

"That little girl is Lily and she's my daughter." I stated. Caz looked confused. Dan's reaction surprised me more, if anything he didn't react. It was as though he already knew. Jack.

"Is this some kind of joke, because I am extremely lost." Caz said with a half smile.

"It's a really long story." I explained. She sat staring at me curiosity sparkling in her eyes. "I adopted Lily a couple weeks ago and I was waiting for you to come home from your honeymoon to tell you."

"What? Is this some extreme early mid-life crisis?" Caz asked still obviously confused. Everyone in the room stayed quiet.

"No. Bobby-Lee and I were going to adopt and well, he left me and I decided to adopt Lily on my own." I explained.

"You have never told me about adopting with Bobby-Lee."

"Well, something's are made to be private before they should be brought into the open." I said knowingly.

"But, I'm your sister. We tell each other everything! I told you the size of Dan's penis for goodness sake." Caz said becoming increasingly angry at the recent information.

"CAZ!" We all exclaimed as we looked at Lily who had gone red in the face.

"Lily, why don't you go and have breakfast in your room, then shower. We cannot be late to school today." She nodded awkwardly and walked to her room closing the door quietly.

"Can you watch what you say in front of my daughter, gosh. Even if we are sisters, you must have some private stuff you haven't told me."

"NO! I tell you everything for goodness sake. I'm like a fucking open book!" She stressed as she stood up hurriedly and started pacing.

"Well now you know." I stated.

"I cannot believe that you would keep such a huge thing like this from me. I should have been the first one you called when this happened." She paused for a long while before turning to me sharply. "How old is she?"

"13-years-old"

"Well, I want a full run down of how you ended up being a mother before me, but, in the mean time I'm going to meet my niece." She had a slight smirk on before turning around and grabbing Dan's arm and tugging him in the direction of Lily's room. I rushed after both of them. She knocked on the door lightly and we waited for the door to open. The door revealed a tear stained Lily who tried to look like she hadn't just been crying.

"Lily, what's wrong?" I asked as I pushed Dan and Caz out of the way. I pulled her towards me and pushed the door shut on a worried looking Dan and Caz.

"Nothing, I'm okay." She lied. I sat her down on her desk chair and knelt in front of her.

"Lily Still, you're a very bad liar." I wiped a stray tear that slid down her face. She sighed and took a deep breath before starting.

"I don't know, I guess I just thought that aunty Caz was going to be a bit more welcoming than that. It's stupid."

"No Lily, that's not stupid. I should have told aunt Caz what was going on before she came here, it's my fault. I think aunt Caz was just surprised, maybe even a little bit jealous that I'm a Mum before her. But, I just closed the door a very worried looking Caz. I know she want's to meet you." I said hopeful she would say yes to meeting Caz and Dan.

"Are you sure she wants to meet me?" She asked still unconvinced. I nodded my head and stood up to open the door. Caz looked relieved before I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

"Is she okay? What's wrong?" Caz asked looking worried. The loud chatter coming from the sitting room had quietened waiting for my reply.

"She was expecting a warmer welcome than the one you displayed in the living room. She's been through a lot and this week hasn't been a very good one for her. My antics last night didn't help either. She doesn't think you like her." I stated. I watched as Caz absorbed the information to which her eyes glazed over. She pushed me out of the way roughly and opened Lily's door. Dan reached out and helped steady me before he walked in after his crazy wife. I decided to wait outside and let them introduce themselves.

Ten minutes had passed and I soon heard the strange sound of laughing and snorting. I bet it was Caz and Lily. I joined the laughing/snorting duo which they tried to suppress when I walked in. Dan stood off to the side trying not to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiosity taking over. Lily looked like she was about to burst.

"Were you seriously arrested naked?" Lily blurt.

"CAROL!" I exclaimed.

"What? She was going to find out eventually!" Caz exclaimed.

We all sat down and had breakfast together. Mum didn't talk to Edward or I and proceeded to sigh dramatically whenever either one of us tried to engage in a conversation with her. So mature. Caz and Lily had hit it off like a house on fire, much to Ethan and Edwards dissapointment.

Jack and I stood in the kitchen watching the whole family engage with Lily.

"So, you told Daniel." I stated as I wrapped Lily's lunch in glad wrap. His eye grew wide and a sexy smirk escaped his lips.

"How did you know?" He ask slight embarrassed.

"By the rection of Dan, or the lack of to be more specific." I smiled.

"It slipped, I swear! I was telling him something and then I started talking about Lily and he got it out of me."

"Well, now I know not to tell you KFC secret 11 herbs and spices then." I said as I joined everyone at the table.

"Oh the despair!" Jack said dramatically before taking a seat on a stool facing the dining table. I caught on to the subject at hand and shared a look with Edward. Someone had brought up the whole fight situation lastnight.

"So why did you get into a fight, Lily?" Dad asked from the top of the table. Lily looked at me and then to everyone in the room.

"It was nothing she was just being dumb." Lily while shoving a sausage roll into her mouth.

"Lily..." Dad said lowly.

"She said some hurtful stuff. She said that, 'Parentless kids are the scum of the earth'. She's stupid any way." We all looked at eachother and the tension in the room spiked.

"Did you fucken knock her out?" Caz ask with a disgusted face.

"I tried." Was all Lily said. We laughed at her simple reply and waited for Dad to say something.

"Lily Henderson, you are such a wonderful little girl and we are all so blessed to have you in our lives. Don't let anyone make you feel inferior. You have your whole family here in this room who love you and who will protect you from that monkey Carmen. Plus, you have a Mum who is as tough as nails. So, whats the saying young kids say these days, 'Don't let the haters bring you down. Yolo.'" We all errupted into loud laughter at the silly old man who was the head of the family. This crazy family!