Antlia

September 10, 2116LY(Light Years)    

 "5...4...3...2...1...!"

"Ignition and liftoff!"

There it was, the engine exploded from the ground causing the combustion to lift and make it rise! The new designed NSAA(National Space Association Administrative) Space Shuttle, CT-2 (Constellation-travel 2) was finally done and boosting off! The crowd cheered and yelled in complete joy. I know I sound like some obsessed space nerd but this meant so much to me. To see the this stunning spacecraft that turns 4 light years into a year, once again going beyond the naked eye and reaching another world! Not only that, but my two splendid parents is on that spacecraft and to think that one day I will also be! Everything is too good to be true, my parents, my rare white hair, my name, my life is just delightful!

"Antlia?"

The frail old woman looked down at me.

"Yes, Grandma."

I answered very sincerely and loud.

"Your parents will be gone for a year this time, you know that right?"

"Yes Grandma, and I will stay with you."

"Will you be ok with them gone?"

"It's ok, I'm used to it so I'll be ok."

"Good, I'm glad."

Mother and Father always leave for missions, while I have to stay here with Grandma. I don't think it's fair at all...I love Grandma and all but I really want to go on a mission with my parents. The NSAA says kids my age aren't allowed to go on missions until they pass apprentice stage, which I am nowhere near. I am about to be 11 years of age but I have to wait until I'm am at least 18 years of age to be able to go into space. It's such a long wait...but I will endure. The launch was finally over and everyone was getting into their vehicles and departing.

"Shall we go?"

"Yes Grandma."

As we were about to walk off an older lady holding a microphone in her hand, abruptly blocked our path. Behind her was a man in black holding up a large camera, moving wherever she moved.

"Hello there, I am Carole Walker and I am the host for News Channel NNA (NSAA News Association)."

"Why hello..."

said my Grandma sounding very annoyed.

"I would like to ask you a few questions on this launch to Proxima Centauri?"

My Grandma responded back immediately and answered all of her questions. I stayed behind her, quietly while trying to ignore the news lady. I did my best not to be seen and get attention buy before I knew it,  the lady was already staring me down.

"What about you little girl... all white hair?"

"Wow, you have a very bizarre and rare hair color little girl."

My grandmother had tried to get her attention away from me.

"Yes, she does but that doesn't matter. I answered all the questions so please let us leave."

My Grandma said trying to finish the conversation.

"I see...but this is also a question."

"What!?"

"You say you have answered my questions...but your daughter has yet to answer me."

"That is my granddaughter, leave her out if this. "