Promposal XIV

"W-What?! W-Why? W-Where is h-he?!"

"I-I don't know! A guy just bumped into me a-and told me that Adam sent him a message. He thinks that he's depressed and it sounds like he's saying goodbye."

"We should stop him!"

"Then we have to go and find him! Now!"

"N-Nikki? Nikki? Hey! Are you alright?"

My lips are trembling. I can't move my feet. I can feel my legs turn into Jell-O. My body is frozen, cold, hard, and rigid. I feel numb.

I feel lost.

"Hey, hey. Nikki, look at me. Hey, it's okay." I felt Trev's warm and moist hands on both of my cheeks.

"We have to find Adam. You coming with us?"

When his name entered my ears, everything suddenly turned black and white, like someone's flickering the lights on and off.

"S-Shit! Guys! Help! She's having a panic attack!"

I can feel pairs of hands around me, but the flickering won't still stop. The immediate flashbacks of my memories with him didn't help either, because it just made my head throb and my heart break into millions of shards.

"Oh my God! Trevor! Do something! Nikki!"

"I'm trying, okay?! I'm not good at these things, I don't even know the proper thing to do!"

"Lay her down here!"

I felt getting laid down on something cold but hard. Then I suddenly felt something cold and soft on my forehead.

"Damn it! She's not dehydrated or anything! She didn't collapsed because of extreme heat or what so don't put that thing on her forehead! Can't you feel her? She's cold as ice!"

"Trevor, stop. He's just trying to help..."

"Dude, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"For Pete's sake, yes I know! None of you knows!"

"What are you talking about?"

"W-What happened?"

"Adam. That f*cking guy happened! Did you know that that son of a b*tch and that best friend of yours, freaking Kaitlyn Jones, are in a f*cking relationship!? Huh?!"

"That f*cker confessed, freaking confessed to Nikki, and what? She went to his house and there she was, running to the f*cker and begged for a kiss and clinged herself to him like a leech!"

"I, was the one, who was there for her. None of you here f*cking knows anything so shut the hell up and f*ck off!"

Trev. Oh, Trev. I'm so sorry. Hearing you say those words breaks my heart. I know I've been a burden, but thank you. For everything. For being a friend. A best friend. A companion. A boyfriend, an unofficial one. A brother...

I tried fluttering my eyelids open, trying to see the light. I need to. I want to. Even if Adam had been a jerk, it's just not right that I would let him kill himself. Specially because I know that I'm the reason why.

"Guys... Guys! Nikki! She's awake!"

I felt heavy footsteps all around me, and when I successfully opened my eyes, six pairs of eyes are staring down at me.

"NIKKI!" They chorused, relief washing all over their face.

"You guys never told me that you're all in an acapella group. What? You guys now the new Barden Bellas?" I said as they helped me sit up. Trev kneeled down beside me and handed me a bottle of water. I took it, muttered thanks, and chugged it down.