Promposal IX

"Last bus stop for tonight. Again, last bus stop for tonight. Thank you for riding with us today. Hope to see you soon. Thank you." I hopped out of the bus and started walking with no destination in mind.

The rain already stopped, which is a good thing because it's so cold already. And I'm still freaking shivering for Pete's sake.

I tried going home but it's useless. I look like a disgusting wet rat, I have no money because when I ran, the coins and bill I brought with me must've fallen or what, and my phone's out of juice. Besides, if I went home looking like this, I don't have a key and my parents would ask thousands of questions that I don't want to answer and I don't want that to happen.

I sat on a nearby bench and tried squeezing the hem of my polo shirt. Then I squeezed my hair after and tied it up in a bun with a hair tie.

I walked around again, trying to discover where I am. I went back to the bus stop because I think that there's a city map there. But then it rained again.

"Ugh, the world loves me. So freaking much." I grunted before looking for a shed. I ran to a bookstore for shed and sat on the bench in front of it.

I hugged myself tighter, trying to lessen the cold I'm feeling but it's useless. I'm literally shivering like now like a mad man.

Just when I was getting used to the cold, a mini truck suddenly appeared out of nowhere and drove fast that caused the rain water on the road to splash on me.

Great. Now I'm wet.

Again.

"F*cking hell! What do you want, huh?! Can't you see that I'm all messed up? For Pete's sake please let me breathe a little air!" I screamed at the top of my lungs to no one.

I'm tired. All tired. Drained out. How much more if my life's not simple? I would've committed a suicide then if shit like this happen to me everyday.

"Nikki?"

I looked up and saw Trev a few steps from me. He must've seen how messed up I look like because he rushed to me and enveloped me in a hug--the warmest I've had, seriously.

"What's wrong? Why are you here?" He asked as he patted my back. I just sobbed at his chest, trying to release the pain.

"Come. You're all soaked and wet." He gestured to his car at the other side of the street and I just nodded.

We arrived at his place by midnight, so I had no other choice but to stay there. A while ago, he wanted to take me home already but I told him not to, so he just then decided to let me stay here. Good thing is, his parents are out of the country so I wouldn't have trouble introducing myself to his parents.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality. "Oh hey, Trev."

He smiled sheepishly. "Hey, Niks. So uh, I brought you some clothes."

I hesitantly took it from him. "Uh, thanks."

"Don't worry, those are clean. They're m-my sister's."

My eyes lightened up. "I never know you have a sister."

"Yeah. She's already married and hasn't visited us for a couple of years now, so maybe that's why only a few know." He said

"Thanks for helping me out. And yeah, for letting me stay."

He gave me a grin. "No prob, Nikki. But you owe me one."

I lifted a brow at him. "Fine then. Shoot."

"Just be my prom date."

"Okay. Easy." I gave him a grin.