Promposal XII

"Let's build a sandcastle, Ikki! There!" She pointed at a spot under the coconut tree.

"Come, Lyn!" I offered her my hand and she took it and intertwined our hands as we happily walk on the sand.~

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I saw her walk out of her art class sniffing, a piece of tissue sticking inside her nose. She pulled it out and sniffed again.

"My classmates are bullying me because my dad's not here. But he will be, and I told them. They said he will never come back. But mommy said he will." She elaborated. I placed a hand on her shoulder and hugged her.

"Don't mind them. Come on, my mom's here. She's going to buy us some ice cream." She grinned as she heard me say 'ice cream'. She loves ice cream. A lot.~

"Ouch!"

"Nik, are you okay?"

I shook my head and pointed at my finger. "A big ant bit my finger, and it hurts. What should I do?"

She took my hand and examined my finger and then suddenly, softly massaged it using her pointing finger. "Better?"

I nodded at her. She excused herself and went back with a cup of water. "What's the water for?"

She dipped my finger on the water. Then I noticed that it's cold. Freezing cold. "Mom did this to me too when I was bit by a spider. It hurt but when she dipped it, I felt numb because of the cold water."

I smiled at her. "Thanks, Kait."~

"Nikki!"

She ran to my side while I massage my head. I didn't see the volleyball coming to me and it hit my head and I fall backwards, losing my balance. She checked my knees, thighs, and arms for injuries but there's none.

"I-I'm fine, Kaitlyn. Maybe I just need to rest for a bit." I said as I stood up. She helped me walk to the bleachers and help me sit.

"Here. Drink some." She tossed me a bottled water and I opened it. "Thanks."

"No problem." She smiled

"Thompson..."

We both looked at her, the girl who spiked the ball that hit me. Kaitlyn looked at her with wrath and fury, and I quickly grabbed her arm, but I was too late. She launched herself to the girl and pulled her hair.

"You bitch! You sluttish bitch!" She yelled as she attacked. Some of our batchamates are already trying to stop the fight bit it's no use. Kaitlyn may be a quiet one, but once you rattled her off, she'll break loose and she can't be stopped. She's a fighter, I sometimes call her an Amazon. She does karate so that's a plus, too.

"Please! Stop!"

"Kaitlyn, stop! You're hurting her!"

Marc, our class valedictorian, successfully pulled Kaitlyn away from the poor girl, while his friend is the one who pulled the girl away. She has scratches on her face, her hair's sticking out everywhere, her arms are the color of scarlet, and she looks scared.

"You aimed it to her direction, right?! You did!"

"Kait..."

"You intended to do that, right? Smack her in the face with the ball? Come on! I'm not blind! I was just beside you when Mae set the ball to you and you spiked it directly to her."

"Say it, Folton. Say it." Kait said, dripping with venom.

"K-Kait's right. I-I'm sorry, Thompson."~