He's mine... She's mine... Ch. 9

Alexander wiped his sweaty palms on his washed out jeans. He puffed out his cheeks and knocked on Evangeline's front door. He hasn't been able to meet with Eva because of football practice, and he felt as if he was going on a date with her for the first time.

He waited in anticipation as he heard footsteps coming to the door, he smiled at the thought of looking into her beautiful face. For what seemed like hours, the door opened slowly and revealed the most beautiful...

Little toddler.

"Alex!" Kayla squealed as she clung to Alex's leg. Alex was surprised, but felt like an idiot at the same time, how could he not realize that those footsteps had been Kayla's? Putting aside his surprise, Alex picked Kayla up and started listening to everything she had been waiting to tell him.

He stepped inside of Eva's house and stood there with Kayla, making sure to show her that she was interested in everything she said. He honestly was curious, this little girl stole his heart because he wished he could've had a little sister like her. Alexander was an only child, so he had to entertain himself whenever his parents' would go on business trips together, which was often.

"Sounds like a lot has happened since I've been gone, K." Alex tucked her hair behind her ear, which caused her to blush.

"Yeah, I missed you like crazy. Without you, there's no one to give me piggy back rides." She pouted her lips, knowing that she could wrap Alex around her little finger if she ever made it seem that she was unhappy.

"Well that's no good, how about I give you one while I try to find Eva?"

Her eyes lit up, and her smile showed her missing tooth. "Really? OK. Eva's in her room getting ready."

Alex fixed Kayla securely on his back, asking her many times if there was any chance of her falling off. When he was sure that there wasn't, he had her bounce all the way to Eva's room.

Eva could hear them coming as Kayla repeated as she came closer," He's coming... he's coming... he's coming... he's coming..." and when they were finally at the door of her room she shouted with giddiness,"he's here!"

Her outburst of endless energy, caused them to laugh at her innocence.

They stood at the door frame when Eva's spoke up," hey Kayla, why don't you help mom with the cookies she's making."

Kayla froze in place at the possibility of eating a cookie and made no second thought of running out of the room yelling," cookies!"

That left Eva and Alexander alone after two weeks since the argument in the janitor's closet. Eva smiled at him and with her finger told him to come closer, looking so cute it took Alexander's breath away.

With one step, Alex took his time to get to Eva who was standing at her dresser. He took in her outfit from head to toe.

She smiled smugly at him because she knew he was checking her out. She picked out her outfit with excitement that day and decided that she was going to 'wow' Alex.

And he was 'wowed', he looked at the simple but chic black top that showed off her tanned shoulders, and lingered on her legs that were being showed off by a shimmery silver skirt that was just above her knees. He never ceased to amaze him.

"Hey, dude, my eyes are up here." She smirked at him knowing that he was checking her out. She loved it, he made it so obvious at it made her feel beautiful. Not because she was desired, it was more than that, he would look at her with adoration.

"I can't help it, Eva, I haven't been alone with you for two weeks and I've been dying to be with you." He stepped closer, facing her towards him as he grabbed her by the waist.