~Magikal~

Copyright © 2013 PoisonedBlythe

All rights reserved

My first story, please don't expect miracles from me >.< I just hope you enjoy it because just by knowing that, it puts a smile on my face ;) Do Vote and Comment if you think it's worth it!

And a big thank you to @starsglintingabove for the awesome cover! (Some people may know this story as From Nothing To Something, but I changed it to Magikal)

- Blythe being Poisoned <3

------------------------

Preface

-----------------------

Calanda crept around the bend of the hallway in silence as she kept a great deal of attention to her surroundings, making sure no one was near her. The mansion was dark and eerie but she could hear blows being exchanged a floor below, the battle cries seemed like whispers to her.

She glanced out of the window to see the full moon, which illuminated through, giving her enough light to see the grand mahogany double doors. The miniature golden lion's head held the ring door knob glistened, it's details well-carved out.

She winced slightly as the door creaked when she pushed it, lighting up her oil lamp as she gazed in awe at the amazing amount of books that filled the grand library. This was the centre of all knowledge - it made complete sense now why the the opposing sides wanted to conquer this place as its own fort.

Her fingers brushed against the spines of the books, skimming through the different titles and authors. It was bigger than the British Library that was at the heart of London and surely it contained more information about her kind along with the rest of the rankings.

Journals were oraganized accordingly to the century they were written in; she was slightly surprised that it went back all the way to the First Century as she always presumed it manifested in the late Fitfth Century.

Swerving her head at the soft gasp that came from an unknown source, her body glowed, wanting to eliminate the threat so that she could pore through the many books with the time limited to her. She didn't know how long it would take for her to find out information but she was determined to do Promenus Academy proud.

"Caroline? What are you doing here?" Calanda asked in surprise, dropping her force field momentarily, looking warily at the dark haired beauty before her.

"What are you doing here, Cal? This isn't your fight." The girl hissed.

Calanda gasped, her red eyes narrowing at the mark on Caroline's shoulder blade, which had the four elements mixed together with that was decorated with a dark blue hue, Her mouth went dry at knowing the true origin of her friend and yet furious to find out what her friend had truly became.

"You're a witch.... You kept secrets from me this whole time? Is betrayal always the answer?" Calanda laughed darkly, a luminous sliver glow shrouding around her body once again.

"For the record, I'm not Caroline, I'm Alva Ramsay. I'm not the only who told lies. You didn't tell me you were the hateful Scion. You told me you were just a simple human!" Alva spat, a purple flame settling on her hand, ready to throw in a moment's notice.

"I apologize that I never told you, because I did not know that I was actually gifted!" Calanda yelled. Her manners flew out of the window, she was livid that her childhood friend dared to accuse that she was the liar in this scenario.

"Lies." Alva growled. "Guess we can't be friends anymore since we clearly side with different people."

"I might have had the intention to forgive you, but knowing that you could even lie about your name, Lady Alva Ramsay, that completely and utterly crosses the line!" Calanda snarled.

Alva arched her neck and laughed darkly at her red-eyed opponent."The Dark side does specialize in deception, sacrifice and death after all. You should be proud of me."

"I'm horrified; I'm horrified that I made friends with a monster." Calanda said bitterly.

Alva's smile faded away and contorted to a look of anger. "From your figure of speech, I can see that Promenus Academy had never taught you to never offend a witch. You ought to go back to the LaBelle household to learn how to be a prim and proper lady." The witch sneered.

"It's a little too late for that sentence, Alva. The all-too-innocent Calanda is gone, the one that fights for her rights hd taken its place. And I don't mind offending you to the stage where you drive yourself off the cliff due to madness. You need to have a taste of your medicine after all." Calanda said, lunging for Alva who let out a shriek of rage.

Remember to Vote!

Click away! Click the Vote button!

Leave your comments too!