Chapter 4

Catalina POV

It has been three weeks since my drunkscapade, I have not heard anything from Andreas . Today is our wedding day, the saddest day of my life! Never have I ever dreamed of being in an arranged marriage. When I was young, I dreamt of my wedding day to be the happiest day of my life marrying the man I love. BUT NO! I have to be arranged to marry an arrogant asshole.

It's a beach wedding in the late afternoon. The ceremony is held at one of the best resort in the Philippines which owned by Andreas's family.

"Breath Catalina" wika ni Kiara.

"I am breathing! What are you talking about?!" I gave her an annoyed look. To be honest I am very nervous. I didn't want this day to happen. I've been planning a way on how I can escape this nightmare but I desperately failed. 

][ Flashback][

A week ago:

" Did you hear the news about the Santiago's Industry? Unti-unting nalulugi?" My mom said before sipping her tea.

"What about it?" I asked dryly.

"Try to do something stupid before your wedding CATALINA, I'm going to make sure babagsak sila. Not only the Santiago's Industry also the Pallore's and the -- " I got up and stopped her!

"Wait, WHAT?! YOU DID ALL OF THAT? SERIOUSLY MOM, DO YOU NOT HEAR YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!!!" Nanginginig ako sa galit. Sumosobra  na si Mama, it's to the point na gusto ko nang tumakas pero hindi pupuede! Inalala ko kasi ang mga libo libong mga empleyadong mawawalan nang trabaho kung sakaling pabagsakin ni mama ang mga businesses nang mga kaibigan ko.

][ END OF FLASHABCK ][

"Twenty  minutes and the ceremony will begin"  Katok nang wedding coordinator sa pintuan ko. Mayat-maya naririnig ko si Mama papasok sa kwarto.

"Aw my baby is so beautiful" She gave me a tight hug. " Sweetie, wear this necklace. This is from your great Lola Evangelista. This is a lucky charm honey." I swear my mom is Bi-Polar. " I wore this on my wedding day. Look at your Dad and I, we're blessed with two beautiful children and we're very happy!" Dugtong niya.

"I doubt you're happy because of that necklace. I'm pretty sure this family became successful because of Dad's hard work!" Pilya kong sagot. 

"Now, now, that's not the way to talk to your mother" I jumped up out of surprised. It was my dad.

"Hi Pa." I greeted him.

"What are you two bickering about? I could hear you from outside!" He snapped! Saakin pa siya galit. Hay naku! Buhay ! malas na nga sa pag-ibig malas pa sa LIFE!

"Rowena, I need to talk to Catalina alone please." Ha! Papa ordered mama to get out of the room. What a surprise!

"KENNETH HOWARD!" My mom shouted.

"I just need some alone time with my beautiful daughter before she gets married. That is all! Don't worry I will be right behind you, Darling!" Papa gave her a kiss on her cheek and ushered her out the door.

"That's a first!" I arched my eyebrow.

"Honey, you look very beautiful. You look exactly like your mother when I married her many many many years ago. Come here give your old man a hug." niyakap ko siya nang napaka higpit.

"Papa.." I began to cry.

"Shhh. don't cry! I know how you feel Anak. Trust me I've been there. Alam mo bang ayaw na ayaw kong mapakasal Mama mo  dati? Pero natutunan ko din siyang mahalin, tsaga at pag uunawa lang ang kailangan anak. Both of you will learn how to love each other eventually. Stop crying it'll ruin your make-up! Napaka ganda mo pa naman." He carefully wiped my tears. " I love you Catalina, we're doing this for you not for anyone else. Sooner or later I hope time will come when you realize how much your Mama and I love you." He kissed my forehead. 

"I love you too, Papa." I stopped crying and I was left alone in my room. Many thoughts are running through my head. Should I run? But if I run where will I go? What will happen if I run? My mom will destroy everyone I care about.

I heard the Priest asked everyone to stand. As the music started playing all the flower girls lined up by the red carpet with white rose petals. When it was my turn I froze to where I was standing. All the guests looked at me, they were smiling, waving and taking pictures of me. Up ahead, nakikita ko siya. Ang lalaking papakasalan ko. The man I wish I could call my future, the love of my life or my everything. But who Am I kidding I'm marrying the the Cold, Heartless Billionaire. Andreas stood taller, his shoulders back with confident and waiting for me. No one made any sound while waiting for me to step forward.

The attention felt too much for me to handle. I don't know if I should turn back and runaway or keep walking forward. I can see confusion in everyone's eyes.. The area is faced in a breathtaking sunset view. At the end of each seated aisle, red roses hung from white heart shaped arched  floral stand. Spread down the aisle are white rose petals from the flower girls.

I see Papa walking towards me. It only took him ten steps before I was greeted by him. Some "here comes the bride music" started playing.  My dad escorted me down the aisle, which seemed longer than before.  When we reached the end of the aisle, Papa gave me a hug. While hugging me he kissed my cheek and whispered " I am so proud of you " and presented me to Andreas. Papa placed my hand in Andreas and patted him in the back which means a sign of welcoming him to our family. Both Andreas and I stood in front of the Priest.

Ceremony Begins:

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here this evening to witness this man and woman join together in holy matrimony." The Priest begins. I couldn't look at Andreas. Why? I have NO IDEA. The feelings raging inside of me are very overwhelming and unbearable at the moment.  We exchange our vows.

"Andreas do you take Princess Catalina-Ann Marie whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded wife, and do you covenant to be true to her, to love, cherish, and protect her, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?" The Priest asked, "I DO" Sagot ni Andreas agad. Nag tawanan ang mga guests. Which made me blushed terribly.

"Princess Catalina-Ann Marie, do you take  Andreas whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded husband, covenanting to be true to him, to love, cherish, and honor him, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?" Napa tingin lang ako sa Kanya. I wanted to say I don't but part of me wanted to say I DO. Oh god, forgive me for the sin I'm about to make.  I heard the Priest cleared his throat.

"Hmmph ... Princess Catalina-Ann Marie, do you take Andreas whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded husband, covenanting to be true to him, to love, cherish, and honor him, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?" Tinitigan ko si Andreas. I let go of his hands. Tears started flowing down my cheeks.  Andreas looked confused but did nothing. Nakatayo lang siya.  "Catalina" I heard my Mom's voice. My heart is now beating so fast, so fast that I might collapse.

"Princess Catalina-Ann Marie, do you take Andreas whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded husb---" I cut him off and answered. " I DO".