A Night To Remember

After getting off of the subway Riley tried to figure out where they were going. At the rate Maya was dragging her through the crowded sidewalk, it was difficult. So many of the buildings looked the same, yet so familiar at the same time.
   After passing a street sign for 45th street, Riley started getting ideas.
   There were many possibilities. Lyceum Theatre, Cranberry Gourmet Deli, or even just one of the many Starbucks near where they are. But knowing Maya, this was going to be unexpected, but still special all the same.
"Are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" Riley said loudly, trying to talk over the loud noises of the city.
"Now where's the fun in that?" Maya replied turning around to give Riley one of her infamous smiles.
   This made Riley shake her head, but she didn't argue anymore. She just hoped that they were getting close, because the scenery was slowly beginning to become less familiar.
After crossing another street, Maya turns around to face Riley.
"Close your eyes"
"What? Why?" Riley replied curiously.
"Just do it." Maya said. "Please?" She said softer.
"Fine. But if I end up dead in the woods somewhere, I'm so going to haunt you." Riley replied as Maya covered her eyes and steered her in what she assumed was the right direction.
"I'll hold you to it then, Sunshine." Maya said, kissing Riley on the cheek.
   After another bit of walking, they finally came to a stop. When Maya removed her hands and Riley's opened her eyes, she understood why this place was special. They are standing in front of Oh La La-Bakery Cafe. This is Riley's favorite bakery. The first time she brought Maya here was after school in the 7th grade, where she was going to ask Maya to be her girlfriend, but chickened out at the last second.
   This is where Maya knew she loved Riley, and where Riley was supposed to confess her love of Maya.