Chapter 8: Just Ask.

"So... Friday night?" Jack grinned as he fell onto the sofa next to me. I stared at him for a moment, taking in every detail.

Wow I'm more hungover than I thought.

"Um, for what?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.
"To start out assignment, you know, the big important one." He made some gestures with his hands.

We were sat in my TV room and I couldn't feel my head.

"Seriously? You think I can even try to think about that while I'm in this state?" He gave me a grin as I struggled to stand up. He followed me to my room and I collapsed on my bed.

"So..." He said as he sprawled next to me. "Whats up with you and Aiden?"

I looked towards him and rolled my eyes.
"Nothing." I lied. He huffed and it was his turn to roll his eyes.
"Seriously?"
"Why... You jealous?" I teased. He pushed my arm that I was leaning on and my face fell into the bed.
"Oh yeah, so jealous." He laughed, as I pulled my face out of the comforter. I grinned at him, and flicked his nose. He flinched away and pulled a face.
"Ow. Your nails are evil." He said, rubbing the tip of his nose. He suddenly stopped laughing and looked at me with a serious look on his face.
"This is war."

The next thing I knew, he was straddling me, jabbing his fingers into my sides, tickling me. I let out a scream, wriggling underneath him.
He carried on and I was gasping for air.
"Jack... Stop..." I laughed.

Then I heard a deep cough coming from the door.

"Puhlease. Stop before I vomit."
I pushed Jack off of me and he toppled to the floor. I stifled a laugh as I glanced up at Colton at the door. He gave me a small smirk and then his eyes flickered to Jack. He had his arms propped against the bed and gave a small grin to Colton. Colton rolled his eyes and gave him a smile.
"Come on, we have to get to school." He turned on his foot and walked down the corridor, and I stumbled after him. He disappeared out of sight and I felt hands on my waist.
"Friday night, we'll start the assignment." Jack whispered in my ear, causing a shiver to run down my body. In an instant he was gone, and I let out a breathe I didn't realise I was holding.

%

School passed in a blur, the only thing I could remember was getting detention for being late. Not just me, all of us.

So after Chemistry, I made my way to the dreaded classroom. I reached the door, just as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I checked the caller ID and answered it.
"Mom! How's New York?" I leant against the door frame and held the phone to my ear.
"Well Adam is in a meeting today so I am out shopping for myself... And maybe a little bit for you." I grinned down the phone just as Aiden walked round the corner. I gestured to the phone and mouthed 'Mom' to him. He smirked and walked over to me.
"I love it when you shop for me. Make sure you don't buy Aiden anything..." I said and he leaned into me, his hands on my waist, and his breath on my neck. As he heard what I said, he sucked slightly on the tender spot. I took a sharp intake of air.
"Sweetie, you alright?" Mom asked. His tongue flickered across the skin.
"Yep... Just stubbed my toe... Fuck..." I pushed him away but he wouldn't budge.
"Language Barney."
"Sorry mom, I have to go, call you later. Bye." I hung the phone up and shoved it into my pocket. Before I knew it, Aiden was laughing against my shoulder.
"That was so funny. You got so flustered." He pulled away and I slapped his arm.
"Seriously man. You trying to be Edward Cullen?"

I glanced down at my neck, catching a glance of the bruising mark on the corner of my collar bone.
"You love it." He leaned into me and placed a quick kiss on my cheek, just before a few of the lads appeared for detention.

"Well, if it isn't the golden siblings." Colton grinned and I cringed from his words.
"Ergh, don't call us that." I muttered and he smiled, leaning in for a hug. His mouth lingering by my ear.
"You love me really." He laughed and I pushed him away, rolling my eyes.

"Get inside." A teacher walking past, barking at us. We took our time to get inside and sit down. I glanced to the front to see which teacher was running the session and my jaw dropped.
"Who. Is. That." I muttered, mainly to myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder.
A girl who I recognised from my Physical Education class smirked at me.
"Hes a new trainee teaching assistant. He's only twenty." I nodded and turned back towards him. The guy had blue eyes and blonde wavy hair. He caught eye contact and he gave me a small smile. He rose from his seat, just as Aiden dropped into the chair next to me.

"Afternoon. I'm Mr McCain, but call me Zack. Just do whatever you normally do, I am far from caring." He laughed and his eyes lingered on mine for a while. I subconsciously licked my lips and I let myself look him up and down.
"Stop checking him out." Aiden muttered and I let my sight flicker to him for a split second.
"Who?" I played dumb and he rolled his eyes.
I heard a small cough from in front of me and I turned to see who it was.
Zack. His name rolled off my tongue and I gave him a grin.
"Zack right? I'm Barney." I batted my eyelashes, trying to piss Aiden off, even more.
"I know who you are, I have to tutor you." He sighed. I let out a strangled cough.
"I'm sorry, what?" He grinned and gave a shrug.
"I dunno, something to do with your academic scores being too low. So you got me for Chemistry."

I smirked and leant back in my chair.
"Is that right." I smirked and he shook his head with a chuckle.
"You girls are all the same." He pulled out his phone. I let out a laugh and turned towards Mika who was just walking in.

"Miks." Colton tapped the seat next to him and he collapsed into it.

Detention went quickly and it was finally over.

Zack stood up and waved us away.
"You can all go... Barney, can I have a word." Everyone else filed out of the room and Colton stopped in front of me.
"I'll wait at my car. Still needing a lift?" He asked and I nodded. He smiled and left the room, and it was empty.

I turned my attention to Zack and made my way to him.
"What's up?" He handed me his phone with the KeyPad open.
"I need your number to arrange when to tutor you. Yours, or mine, I'm not bothered. It's only until your grade is at least a B."
I took his phone and entered the number, handing it back to him.
"To arrange when to tutor me? You didn't need an excuse to have my number, just ask next time." I gave him a wink and walked towards the door. He laughed and followed me out.
"I'll remember that for next time." He said and walked in the opposite direction.

I watched as he walked away, admiring the view.
"Admiring the view?" I spun towards the voice, startled. Colton smirked, as he mimicked my thoughts.

"It's what I'm best at." I pulled my bag over my shoulder, and put my hair into a hair tie. He snickered and followed me to the car park.

"Wanna go for a coffee?" I asked and he shrugged.
"Sure."

We stopped at a cafe near by and sat on a table next to the window. I took a sip of my coffee and looked up to see Colton looking at me.
"What?" I asked him and he shook his head.
"Admiring the view." He said and I let out a groan.
"That was so smooth." I teased and he gave me a lopsided smile.
"What can I say? I'm a smooth guy." He said with a wink. I was silent for a while before he spoke again.
"It's true though. You're a very good view. Pretty lass." He said and gave me a genuine smile. For the first time in a while, I felt a blush rise to my cheeks.
"Thanks, not too bad yourself."

------------

What team are you?

Team Aiden?

Team Colton?

Team Jack?

Team Zack?

Picture featured is Zack.

Laters.