{Reconcile to One}

Chapter 16

-------------------

[Kira's P.O.V.]

Lilycove was large. Houses, people, the beach. I mean, come on! The weather was perfection. My eyes dart everywhere to find anything spectacular. It was as if I could get lost here forever, which I almost did.

The first building that caught my eye was the large building up some plateau. I climb the steps that led up and was immediately met with a few of the Dex holders I know of.

Brendan stood at the entrance, talking to Gold, who was also talking to Misty. They turned to me once they knew my presence was known. I could tell that the tension in the air was thick. So thick, you would have to have bread knife to slice through the air.

"Hello.." I greeted silently, Misty had her arms crossed, Gold looked befuddled, and Brendan looked pissed. Yeah, yeah, they're dragging out my incident like it's some catastrophic hurricane.

Honestly, they had no right to jump to conclusions.

"I know you guys are fed up with me." I began to seeth, anger boiling in me. They looked at me cautiously. "But I hate it when you guys purposely and deliberately try and ignore me. Like that'll ever do anything. Apparently, you don't know what's going on, and honestly, if you believe I should be shunned from this world, or from you guys, so be it. After I become Hoenn champion, I'm leaving for good. Perhaps, earlier, depending on the circumstances.

"If you don't want to be a part of my 'wonderful' experience, go ahead. I don't care. If you want me to prove to you I can be trusted, then let me! I don't care what it takes, I don't want any of you guys to become sour towards me anymore!" I pant, so much words have been spewed from my lips into their eardrums.

Misty's P.O.V.
(bet you didn't see this coming)

Her speech, held true. It may have been wrong to hold such grudge against her, but I had no self control - possibly why Ash wanted to travel to a new region? Not sure.

However, Kira was so angry, more angry than ever. True, I do not know her very well, but she had good intentions. Every time she speaks something, most likely true, I get a sharp pain in my forehead. It was as if something or someone does not want me to follow her or help her.

"Kira.." I began. My voice shaky. She softened her gaze towards the three of us, a glossy shine sheeting over her eyes. Tears.

"I-I.." The pain was coming back. "Listen... I don't think you fully understand our situation, either." A single teardrop fell from her eyes, her face softened into curiosity.

"The moment we saw you," I feel like I'm being shot at, "I knew.. I knew there was something different about you." My head hurt so much I had to squint.

"I know, I am different.. what are you getting at?" Her tender voice sounded urgent.

"Misty," The golden-eyed trainer warned softly, but I ignored him. I needed to overcome this.

"Wh-what I am getting at here.. is that..." My head. It's about to explode. Breathe, in and out. "You were a part of an experiment." I couldn't take much more of this.

I opened my eyes wide and screamed, grabbing my head in my hands. All I saw was blurred images, I kept screaming.

I suddenly felt two hands. One let go of me and was placed on my forehead. Suddenly, my headache was gone, except for a numbing sensation.

I cried into that person's shoulder.

Kira's P.O.V.

"You were an experiment." My whole body froze.

Experiment? Me? Why? I had so many unanswered questions, I thought it would be impossible to figure out all the answers since my thoughts were interrupted by the shrill screams of Misty.

Her eyes were a deathly red color, her hands digging into her skull. She thrashed about, kicking and spinning. On instinct, I quickly grabbed her and placed a hand on her head.

A yellow-blue glow emanated from my hands. She quietly calmed down, crying into my shoulder.

I rubbed her back, gesturing to her that everything will be alright. Now that her sobs were mere hiccups, I looked at her and smiled.

"You're better now." She nodded and smiled back. Though, she didn't say anything, which was a bit surprising since she was always a talkative person, I knew she was grateful.

"Hey! It's her!" An unfamiliar voice called out. I lashed my head around, looking for the voice. Nowhere. When I turned back to see if the two boys were there, since apparently, I had forgotten about them, they were nowehere in sight.

"Get the girl! She is most wanted!" The voice got louder and louder. I brought Misty up, but she was a bit weak so she leaned against me for balance.

"Look! She is taking another victim! That nasty Team Aqua member! She's worse than Archie!" I gulped, I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time, so I took out Belan and rode on her, telling her to quickly go to Slateport, since I had some unfinished business to attend to.

"Why did I ever dream upon that star..?" I loathfully ask myself as I looked down at Misty, who was asleep beside me. I sighed.

"This journey is harder than I thought."

--------

So sorry this is short, but alas, it was something. Enjoy!