{Once Upon a Dream}

Chapter 1

-----------------

Coming home from school was tiring, but it was twice a week so it wasn't all too bad. However, those days lasted somewhat forever. As soon as Kira entered her home, she made way to her bedroom, collapsing on the bed. Breathing in her bed, she turned around and pulled out her phone, turning it on with a click and pressed her GameBoy Advanced Emulator.

She sighed, wishing she had much more flexibility and freedom to buy devices to play the later generation games, but she didn't mind too much. Generations I, II, and III were not too bad. She smiled as she continued her adventures in Pokémon Emerald.

'If only I was in that world.' Of course it was a faraway wish that was too impossible for her to reach.

Or is it?

Night has fallen. Kira Leywood lied awake, still thinking. Her mind was in a rush about Pokémon, she was still starstrucked. Her chocolate brown eyes peered at the window, seeing a shooting star. Excitedly, Kira smiled, closing her eyes to make a wish she hoped to come true.

'I wish to be in the Pokémon world.'

She opened her eyes and continue to gaze at the sky. It was a peaceful looking night. The tranquility amazed her. It was beautiful.

She suddenly felt her eyes becoming heavy. A ghost of a smile was placed on her face as she fell into a world full of dreams, or so she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dream State)

Flashback

***

School had begun. Kira briskly made her way to the back of the building, where art class was held. It was her first class of the day, and she loved it. All the students were nice, her best friend has that class with her, and her good friend whom she could discuss anything about anime or certain fandoms.

Kira sat down at a large table near a window that had sunlight seeping through. Her best friend, Amy, sat to her right, instantly giggling.

She forgot. They made so many inside jokes, it was hilarious.

"Good morning!" She greeted happily. Kira smiled and greeted her back. They began to talk nonsense before her good friend arrived, staring at them. The duo only giggled.

Art class has commenced. She was in total control. Not really. Amy and Kira only giggled at certain phrases, resulting in receiving stares from their fellow classmates.

The teacher never questioned, instead giggled. She was nice. Her name was Suzanne.

(No, not the author of THG, although that would be pretty cool.)

Art class went by in a blur, leaving her to have a large ass break, stretching to 5 1/2 hours in total, at one time.

She sighed, knowing this is going to be another long day. However, she did hang out with her friends who came and go, but it was rather boring.

Her final class of the day was a literature class. One that revolves around the wonderful books by Tolkien. It was a nice class, but laid back, too. No one turned in their homework, which was fine with the teacher. And all our tests were easy, seriously.

After class, it was basically time to go home, and that was what Kira did. But now, everything began to change.

(Flashback turns into a non-linear nightmare)

Instead of going home to a loving family, they all retorted on how ugly her face was, and how expensive all the surgeries to make her look a bit 'normal.' They also barked about how fat she was, since she spend 99% of my time in her room.

Her heart shattered at their words. She opened her mouth, but her lips quivered so she quickly shut it. Tears began to well up in her eyes, tearing her gaze away from her parents.

They began to yell some more, but about things Kira did not care anymore. Why does she always have these kinds of dreams? She knows they love her, yet she has nightmares about them hating her. Why?

She ran into her room and collapsed onto the bed, letting the tears spill.

Suddenly, she was being ripped, powerful forces veing surgec through her body. Her screams were futile as the world around her began to change.

"Ahh!!! HELP ME!" No one was around to listen. Her arms were linked to some sort of metallic structure, lights blinding her.

Her body became weak as the energy was drained dramatically. Her eyes opened and all she saw was disaster. Smoke filled the air, choking her.

Then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She suddenly awoke, her eyes wet. Her hand slowly made it's way to her face. Yep, it was wet. She was crying in her sleep. Kira sighed a little, knowing it was just a dream, that looked like a reality.

She sat up, suddemly taking in her surroundings. It was a grassy plain with trees surroundimg. Kira stood up, inspecting a bit further.

She stood still, observing. Her right ear heard the faint screech of a... pidgey? That was weird.

Kira wiped her eyes from the salty tears and ran along to where she heard the cry. Upon arrival, she saw the bird Pokémon. It looked lost.

Without thinking, the girl bent down near it and shushed it, trying help the Pokémon as much as she can.

"Come here, little fella, it'll be alright." A smile was placed on her lips as she held out her hands for the bird. Pidgey only glanced, obviously confused. Suddenly, it shook it's head, flying in a small circle.

Kira tilted her head in confusion.

"You don't want me to help..?" Pidgey shook it's head and again, circled around the little area.

"If only I knew what Pokémons say.." She quietly grumbled. She didn't get up, however, because she did not want to leave Pidgey, so she made herself comfortable.

Looking up, Kira notices that it was getting dark. She didn't mind, but was a little worried about where she was going to stay. Her mind kept wandering, until she was placed with a question.

How did she get there, and why?

Kira let out a small sigh and watched the Pidgey. It was just lying there in the same spot, sleeping. She smiled.

However, her smile faded, thinking about this situation. Perhaps the reason why Pidgey didn't want her was because it was waiting for something? Perhaps a trainer?

Kira didn't have much experience, but she did remember one other situation when she watched Pokémon. Charmander was on a rock, waiting for it's owner, but the owner abandoned him. She sighed, thinking this was the same with this Pidgey.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps. Kira cocked her head back towards the noise. Since it was getting dim around her, and not having her glasses, she couldn't completely see who it was.

Kira only kept quiet, her social skills not very well put.

"What the hell are you doing here?" An unfamiliar voice called out, annoyed. Kira stood up.

"U-uh! I didn't- I mean, I'm just-"

"Just answer my question." The voice interrupted. The owner of the voice walked out of the shadows and into whatever light was left. Kira looked at him and immediately recognized him.

Silver.

-------------------------------------

And that wraps up the first chapter! It feels too cliché for me... hmm...

VOTE! COMMENT! FOLLOW!

Bye~♡