New Girl In Town

...word is there's a new girl in town...

*

She had a voice as rich as cooling fudge. Which came as no surprise considering she had a body that would melt sugar. She was wearing no bra and his gaze kept straying to her breasts, he could see her nipples pushing against the fabric of her dress. His chest felt tight.In a slow, unhurried movement, Caleb scratched his teeth over his bottom lip. 

One night the previous week, he and Nathan had been on the porch enjoying a smoke when a light appeared in an upstairs window over at the Creed house and hijacking his attention for a little while. Behind the drawn curtains he could make out the silhouette of a female shape. He knew it was the girl all the townsfolk were whispering about, though he was yet to meet her. He all but held his breath watching as she undressed, completely unaware of her spellbound audience. That night, imagining hair that spilled over bare shoulders and the curve of generous breasts, he'd pleasured himself thinking about her. Now he knew the face that belonged to the body that had tortured him over so many nights, was just as sinful. Just as beautiful.

Bringing one hand to his forehead, Caleb pushed back his damp hair. 'That depends,' he casually replied.

'On what?'

'Whether or not there's gon' be an encore.'

She didn't say anything, just continued to stare at him from behind her hair. She knew who he was. He lived in the house next door. Over the days she'd watched him and his brothers come and go, heard them playing their 'barn burner' music out in the old shed and been mildly curious. She liked their sound. She decided she liked his face, too. He had a good face. Not too strong, not too weak. Perfect jaw line, sensuous mouth. Somewhat pretty for a boy.

Caleb dipped a hand into his back pocket to take out a lighter and a pack of Winstons. He shook one to the top of the pack and snagged his lips around the filter. The temptress still didn't say anything. He made his way onto the dock. Her skin looked like it had been dusted with gold and she had a beauty mark perfectly placed on one side of her jaw; just below was a faded white mark, like an old scar. Her cheekbones were high and she had incredible eyes, they were the color of dark chocolate and kind of tilted up at the sides, fringed with thick lashes. The sunlight reflected in those dark orbs and he could see pale flecks that sparkled like chips of amber. There was an exotic almost Spanish look about her. The girls in Mt. Juliet all looked the same. Blue-eyed blondes or redheads with freckles. She was a breath of fresh air, all new and exciting. He wanted to be the first to try her out. Once his brothers scoped her they'd all be vying for her attention. They were competitive that way. Lighting up the cigarette, he blew out the smoke in a long stream of grey, before offering her the pack.

'No thanks,' she said, watching him through those thick lashes, almost in the way a cat would a mouse.

'No thanks you don' smoke or no thanks you don' want one?'

'Just no thanks.' 

He jerked his shoulders and shoved both the pack and lighter back into his pocket and nodded towards the water. 'Thinkin' 'bout goin' in?' 

Turning away, she sat, stretching out her legs and allowing them to dangle over the edge, hands either side of her. 'Maybe,' she answered.

Her hands were slim, golden like the rest of her, with nails that were neatly trimmed. No polish. Every girl he knew wore red nail polish. Caleb didn't much care for it. She wore no makeup, either. A small mercy, because covering that face with paint would've been something of a sin. Her lips were full and lush, and he didn't think any amount of lipstick could make them any more rosy than they were. Looking at her mouth, he got to wondering again how it would feel and not just wrapped around his length.