Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

She looked up to me, a shy smile on her face. “Hi Roxy.”

“Don't play games. Why are you here?” I crossed my arms.

My biological mother stood up. “Roxy, I want to be in your life, and I want you to come home with me. So we came be a family.”

“Gosh, Tiffany, I'm seventeen years old. I already have a life. A family! And for you to think you can just uproot me, that's just a bogus move.”

“Do you think I know that!?” She yelled, tears threating her perfectly make up-ed eyes. “But it kills me to see my daughter being raised by another women. That should be me! I should be the one you talk about your friends and your boyfriend Ross. Not her!”

“Well you should have thought about that when you gave me up!” I started to walk, then I turned around. “You need to leave me alone.”

As I walked away, I felt the hot tears streaming down my face. I barely made it to the tree before I lost it completely.

~~~

When we got home, I barely had time to take a shower before band practice. “Band practice! Gotta go Grace!” I called out from running out the door. I was already at Danny's house when I realized I forgot my phone.

“Hey, you look like crap!” Connor greeted me with a laugh, but when he noticed I wasn't joking with him, his face sobered. “What happened to you?”

“Ross and I had a fight.” I explained the short version, not bothering to explained about my mom coming back.

Pierce suddenly decided that this a conversation he wanted to hear about. “What happened?”

“One of his coworkers was flirting with him, and I kinda lost it.” I sighed. “Can we just get to practice? I don't want to think about it anymore.”

“Hey, yeah, that's fine.” Pierce said, but he was too busy typing at his phone. I shrugged it off and walked over to my mic stand. I threw my hair into a messy ponytail.

“Guys, don't forget we're filming today's practice to send to Hopeless.” Danny said excitedly. I internally groaned, but I nodded my head.

“Let's start.” Noah had our drummer count off before we started our practice. We started into one our originals, and unfortunately, it was a love song I wrote about Ross. Through out the whole song my mind could only think of one thing; Ross.

When the song was over, I turned to my boys. “Can someone let me barrow their phone, I need to call Ross.” Danny smirked and threw me his cell. I whispered a thanks and walked to the other room.

My fingers fumbled around the number pad, but finally I managed to dial my boyfriend's number. I held the phone to my ear, biting my nails as I waited to hear his voice. My heart dropped when the it went to voice mail.

“Hey, it's Ross. Leave message at the.” Beep. I sat on the chair, resting my head into my hand.

“Um, hey Ross, it's Roxy.” I sighed. “Babe, please call me back. I really need to talk to you. I lo-” The machine cut me off. I just sat there, crying. What did I do? I yelled at myself.

Did I just screw up one of the best relationships I've ever had?

~~~

Three days later, and I haven't heard anything from Ross. As I sat in the middle of my living room, my hair was a hot me, wearing one of Ross' over sized sweaters and some sofie shorts. And at this point I don't care what I looked like. I grabbed a mug of coffee and turned on the tv.

From the kitchen table, my cell phone started to sing the superman theme song. I jumped out of my seat and ran to the table as fast as I could. I was breathless as I answered the phone. “Ross?”

“Yeah, it's me.” He didn't sound ecstatic, but he was calling. “You said you wanted to talk?”

“Ross, I am so sorry about the way I acted Monday, I had no right to be jealous, I know you're a great boyfriend and would never cheat. Baby, I don't want to fight any more.” I rushed to get the words out. I needed him to know how bad I felt.

“I hate fighting with you.” I could hear him sighing on the other side of the call. “But, it's my fault too. I should have be up front with Maia, and I definitely shouldn't have called you stupid.”

I was just about to say something until I heard someone calling Ross in the background. I heard some muffled voices, but only seconds later I heard Ross coming back to the phone. “What the hell Roxy?!”

Whoa, what is going on? “What are you talking about?”

“How could you go to some teen magazine and tell them all about out fight.” He scoffed. I am so confused.

“I have no idea what you're talking about, Ross.”

“Seriously, Roxy, this is straight from their post: Ross and I had a fight. Claims Roxy Hill, Lynch's girlfriend and lead singer of Old School Photo. She continues to explain what the fight was about. One of his coworkers was flirting with him, and I kinda lost it.

“Ross, I never talked to some magazine!” I yelled. “I would never do that to you!”

“Whatever Roxy.” He scoffed. “Next time you go talk to a magazine, make sure they talk some more about OSP, I'm sure that's what you want. I mean, isn't that why we're dating? For your publicity?”

I was crying at this point. “Why would you even think that? Ross, I never used you for my own publicity. I could never do that to you. Baby, please-”

“Roxy, just stop!” He yelled. “Just stop.”

I scoffed. “Whatever Ross. I don't need this right now, especially not from my own boyfriend.”

“So, what, are we taking a break?” he suggest, my heart stopped. My stomach dropped. I feel against the wall.

“Yeah, I guess we are...” I whispered and hung up the phone. I wrapped my arms around my legs and just started to bawl.

Half an hour later, when the doorbell rang, I didn't care. I just sat on the floor. My eyes were puffy and red. My face was covered in snot. I looked like crap.

“I'll get it!” Grace called from somewhere in the house. But I didn't care. Taking a break, taking a break, taking a break.

“Roxy, can you come here?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do you think's at the door?

Comments?

Comment, fan, vote

Lots of Love - Raz