Chapter Twenty-Three

Ross' Chapter:

“Hey it's Roxy, leave a message at the.” Beep. Her cell phone cut to voice mail like it did the other five times. Ugh! I threw my phone onto my bed in frustration. “Woah, what's the matter with you?”

I glared at my little brother. With a sigh I threw myself onto the bed. “Roxy won't answer my calls.” I explained, running my fingers through my blond hair.

“Well, if you stood me up, I would be pretty upset with you too.” He muttered. I shot off the bed like a rocket.

“How'd you know that?” I panicked. Last night when I got home, I didn't tell anybody what happened. Nobody! I was too ashamed to admit it.

“It's all over the internet.” Ryland handed me his cell phone. I was staring at the picture of my girl leaving the restaurant looking like she was going to cry. My little brother sat next to me. “What happened last night?”

I stared at the ceiling. “I was running late after work, and by the time I got to the restaurant, she was gone.”

“Why were you running so late?” He pestered.

“Filming went longer then planned, and obviously I couldn't just leave.” I explained frustrated. I grabbed my cell phone, punching in Roxy's number in. My brother grabbed the phone out of my hands. “What the heck man?” I tried to take it back, but he moved off the bed. “Give it back!”

“No! You need to give her time to cool down.” He tucked the phone into his pocket. “And you need to do something to prove how sorry you are.”

I threw my hands up in the air. “What am I supposed to do?”

Ryland shrugged. “I'm not her boyfriend.” We both thought for a minute before he started to get excited. “Isn't her birthday next weekend?”

My brain started to click. “Ryland! You are the best brother ever!” I ran down to my mom in the living room. “Mommy, I need a favor!”

Mom looked up to me with confusion. “What's going on sweetie.”

I sat next to her with a giant smile on my face. “So Roxy's birthday's next week, and I was thinking...”

~~~

*Roxy's Point of View*

“Hey birthday girl!” Rydel called out to me as I pulled into her driveway. I just laughed, man, I hate my birthday!

“Ready to go?” I asked, really not waiting to get out of the car. Rydel nodded her head, heading towards the car, but stopped short. “What's the matter?”

“I forgot something.” She sighed. “Can you come inside with me?”

I scoffed. “Delly, why do you need me to come inside with you?!” She just pouted. I sighed, but turned off the car. “What are we getting?”

“It's right in the living room, promise.” She lead me inside of the house.

“SURPRISE!” I jumped back in fear when I was nearly ambushed by all my friends and family. “Happy birthday Roxy!”

I threw my hands over my mouth, trying not to cry in joy. I glanced around the room, I saw my parents, Mark, and Stormie all standing next to each other, laughing. I saw my little brothers next to Ryland, all having a great time. And the best part was realizing that they didn't care that I came from a foster family.

I went around the room hugging everybody. “You guys knew about this?” I demanded to know from Danny, Noah, and Connor. They all nodded their heads, wrapping their arms around me.