Chapter Seventeen

Ross' Chapter:

Friday afternoon the whole Lynch house who was swarming. People upstairs, downstairs, all around. Today is a big day, today was Avery's movie premier!

“Has anybody seen my vest?” Rocky called from the top of the stairs.

“On the drier!” Mom called from the kitchen as she made a meal to feed an army. I heard my brother running down the stairs into the laundry room. I heard my other brothers run around the house, playing around.

The front door opened, and I glanced over to see my beautiful girlfriend walking through the door. She had her blond hair under a black beanie, a black sweater hugging her with skinny jeans. I smiled as I walked over to her.

Neither of us said anything. I just wrapped my arms around her, kissing her head. “You ready for this?”

I glanced down to her, she looked nervous. “Oh boy, walking the red carpet tonight. What if they ask me questions?” I gave her a small kiss to calm her nerves. She just laughed off her nervous. “Yeah, I'm sure they won't. They'll want to talk to R5.” She took a deep breath. “Okay, I'm gonna go get ready with the girls.”

I released Roxy, but not before she gave me one more kiss. I watched her walk up the stairs to Rydel's room, where Delly, Kelly, and Sunny were already prepping for tonight.

I walked down to the basement, where the guys were getting ready. I grabbed the clothes mom laid out for me. A black leather jacket, a plain gray shirt, with black jeans and some converse.

It didn't take me long to get ready. I was staring at myself in the mirror, tying to fix my hair. “Let me help you with that.”

Mom said, a smile on her face as she walked up behind me.

“So, I got a chance to look up at the girls.” She said. “Roxy looks beautiful.” I looked down blushing.

Mom just giggled. “Just like a princess.” She gave me a squeeze on the shoulder. “And now she has her prince charming.”

~~~

Just as the clock struck five, all four of the girls were standing at the top of the stairs. As the rest of us guys, and mom, stood in the living room, I tried to get a good look at my girlfriend. I couldn't because she was standing behind the rest of the girls.

Rydel and Sunny walked down the stairs together, their arms linked, smiles on their faces. My sister wore and pink dress, with black lace on the top. I looked over to my brother's girlfriend. Sunny was wearing a dress that was black on top and the skirt was blue. I smiled to myself when I saw the green ring circling her finger. I took a glance over to Rocky, a beaming smile on his face.

When I looked up the stairs again, I barely noticed Kelly who was wearing a purple dress, no, I was staring at the single most beautiful girl in the world. She was still standing at the top of the stairs with Ratliff's girlfriend. Together, they were fixing each other's hairs, both laughing. I smiled at my best friend, Ratliff was nodding his head. We were both glad that out girlfriends were friends.

“Lets do some pictures before you go.”Dad called out from the living room. Roxy and Kelly started to make their way down the stairs. I couldn't help but stare at Rox. She was wearing a short silver and gray dress. Mom was right, she is a princess.

All ten of us walked over to the fireplace where we posed for a few photos before the limo came.

“They look like they are going to prom.” Mom giggled. Dad snapped a ton of pictures, and it did NOT help when Rydel gave him her camera. I glared at her.