Chapter twenty nine

Chapter twenty nine

"Alright, Neah, are you ready?" Yuki asked the other magi. Everyone was gathered in the center of the large jail for breakfast, Neah preparing to steal the keys off the guard.

"As I'll ever be," Neah sighed. She did not want to do this. The only way she could think of getting the keys was to flirt with the guard. The disgusting guard who looked (and smelled) like he rarely showered, and was always eating the greasiest food he could get his hands on. Nevermind the times Adna and the other magicians had caught him reading porn magazines.

"Go get him, then!" Adna giggled.

"Be quick, and don't let him do anything!" Yuki warned.

"Gah, why do I have to do this? Couldn't you do it, Adna?" Neah looked at the female magi.

"I think I'm a bit young for him," Adna smiled cheekily. It was clear she was looking forward to Neah's torture.

"What did I do to make you hate me?" Neah muttered. "I can see how you're related to that little pervert now..."

Adna giggled, then began ushering Neah to the barred exit, "Come on, you'll be fine. He shouldn't do anything too too bad."

"Breakfast will be ending soon, so we'll see you later," Yuki spoke. "Don't let him do anything, ok?"

Neah rolled her eyes, "Alright, alright. I'll be back."

Approaching the exit, Neah realized why no one had escaped through the large garage-like door before. There were strange carvings in the metal bars, and a strange feeling filled Neah's hand as she touched it. The rukh around her fluttered violently to the bars, it looked like the bar was absorbing them. "Woah...are the bars taking my magoi?" The magi quickly pulled her hand away.

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you," Neah looked up at the guard standing a few feet away on the other side.

"What the hell kind of magic is this?"

"Anti-magic... Hey, aren't you the new one? The third magi?" The guard pointed at her, his light brown eyes confused. He wasn't exactly overweight, but did have the starts of a beer belly. His hair was brown and short.

"Yeah," Neah nodded, "my name's Neah."

"Well, Neah, you should head back to your cell, breakfast will be over soon." His tone wasn't very demanding, like he didn't care whether she obeyed or not. Neah noted that the rukh around him were slower than average; lazy.

"Actually, I was wondering," Neah walked closer to the bars, careful not to touch them, "do you have any more of those shot things? My legs are still killing me."

"No-can-do, sweetcheeks."

Neah sighed impatiently, "Well, can you do anything? I could really use something. A distraction, even."

"A distraction?" The guard raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm, you got anything that can help with that?" Neah shifted her feet.

The guard glanced around. By now, all the djinn and magicians were back in their cells, and everything was quiet. "Alright, fine. Come on, I'll let you in." He walked over to a panel covered in buttons. Above it was several monitors showing footage of inside the cells. He pressed a button and the barred door in front of Neah rose.

Neah entered, all the while cursing to herself. It's button operated?! Why the hell didn't they know that!? They've been here how many years and they never fucking noticed?! The magi breathed deeply. There had to be a reason the others didn't know. "Is that new?" She pointed to the panel.