Chapter twenty four

Chapter twenty four

"Thalg Talgeyya!" Judar was the first to attack, sending dragon shaped wind and ice tornadoes at the Elites.

"Speed," Nadiya, the female Elite, waved her arm and a blue glow surrounded her and her team mates. With sudden super-speed, the three avoided the attacks.

"They have power ups too?!" Neah exclaimed. What the hell are these people?! "Har-Harl Rasers!" Neah sent several small balls of fire at Nadiya.

"Deflect," The woman uttered simply. With another wave of her hand, the fire redirected itself into a tree, setting it aflame.

"Shit," Neah glanced around and saw Sinbad and Yunan were fighting Melor, while Judar and Alok fought, the pair destroying most of their surroundings as they ran around.

Nadiya pulled out a pistol, and twirled it in her hand. The gun changed shape as it turned, becoming a large bow coated in fire, "Bow of Flames..."

"How did you do that?!" Neah jumped away as the Elite began shooting.

"We're far more developed than you think," Nadiya spoke, drawing her bow again. The fire covering it didn't affect her at all. "That soldier must have told you, right? That we power our weapons with the magi's souls?"

"Something like that," Neah dodged another flaming arrow.

"There's so much to magic you don't know. It's much more than just manipulating the rukh, it's so much more complicated..." Nadiya explained, "The only one of you filthy magicians that would understand is long gone..."

"And who would that be?" Neah grunted, "Sharrar!" She tried to use the water defence against an arrow. It passed right through the steam wall, nearly hitting the magi.

"Solomon Jehoahaz Abraham," Nadiya answered.

Neah frowned, "Wasn't he from Alma Torran or something?"

"He created this world too," Nadiya shook her head, "you really never paid attention in school, did you?" She continued, "He was the only one who understood how magic really worked."

"Ok, wait, I don't understand, " Neah stopped dodging, "if you like magic so much, why lock away everyone who uses it? If they were too strong, then how are you any better?"

"Haven't you seen how peaceful it is now?" Nadiya didn't lower her bow. "With just us using magic, and the entire world being united, there are no wars. No fighting over power. No one goes hungry, there are no slaves. No one is fallen into depravity, everyone loves their fate. This is the world Solomon wanted. Everyone is equal."

"You think this is what he wanted?!" Neah laughed, "Like hell he'd want all of his djinn locked away and tested on! He created them, and the magicians! That means he wanted this world to have them!" Neah raised her staff, "You guys are seriously fucked up if you think what you're doing is just. Sharrar Baraq!"

Nadiya changed her bow back and grew angry, easily avoiding the water dragons, "What do you know, you brat?!" She backed Neah up so far that the women were on the street beside the park, Neah's back nearly pressed against a building.

"Uh-oh," Alok muttered, jumping away from one of Judar's attacks on another side of the park. "Nadiya's losing it..."

"What are you talking about?" Judar frowned, raising his wand for another attack.

"She's really passionate about her reasons for fighting," Alok watched the woman in the distance with worry. He turned back to Judar, "Why don't we hurry this up? If she kills the djinn she's powering up with, we'll all get in trouble."