Chapter ten

Chapter ten

"Yuki!!" A young girl with medium-length black hair in low pony tails squealed in excitement, running up to a small house. She wore a simple half-sleeve, pink, dress with white underneath, with matching pink knee-high socks and shoes.

"Neah, sweety, please wait!" A mother with black hair and red eyes, where the daughter got her traits, called after the girl.

The man beside the woman, her husband, laughed, "She's so full of energy."

The young Neah bounced around outside the small grey house's door as her parents approached. "Can I ring the bell, Mummy? Please??"

"That's if you can reach it," Her father teased. Neah pouted and reached up on her tip-toes her hand barely reaching the small button on the side of the house. Her father laughed and picked her up, "Here you go." Neah pressed the button repeatedly.

"Daniel, don't let her press it so much," Her mother scolded.

"What? She's fine." Daniel laughed, placing his daughter on the ground again.

Seconds later the black door was opened and another couple smiled at them, "Hey! Dan and Amy! It's been a while!"

"Hey, Lee, you ready for tonight's game?" Daniel asked, shaking the other dark haired man's hand as he entered the house.

"Hell yeah! It's going to be great!"

"Don't swear around the children!" Lee's wife, Mary, reminded.

"I'm sure they've both heard worse." Lee waved her off.

"I bet they've said worse." Daniel added.

"They're only five-year-olds, Dan! They don't even think like that yet!" Amy exclaimed, sharing an eyeroll with the Lee's wife.

"Hey, you'd be surprised at what kids know these days," Daniel shrugged.

"Neah, why don't you go find Hiroyuki? He's in his room." Mary spoke to the young girl.

"Ok!" Neah agreed and skipped off. She ran into the young boy's bedroom, "Yuki!!"

"Ne!!" A young boy with fluffy blonde hair falling around his face, and bright blue eyes smiled and abandoned his toys to greet the girl. He wore white shorts and an oversized long sleeved, blue, sweater-vest that covered his hands completely.

"I told you to call me Neah," The girl pouted, crossing her arms. "Nee-yah! Got it?"

"Hehe~ ok, Ne!" Yuki nodded.

"Neah!" Neah corrected again.

"Come on! Let's go outside, Neah!" Yuki grabbed her hand and pulled her from the room.

Outside, the pair began playing with a ball, tossing it back and forth between them. "Yuki! Stop throwing so hard!" Neah complained, struggling to catch the small red ball.

"It's not my fault you can't catch." Yuki shrugged. "It's cause you're a girl, you know."

"Who said girls can't catch?" Neah pouted.

"I did," Yuki smiled.

"Well I'm going to show you that girls are way better than boys!" Neah proclaimed, running at the young boy and pinning him to the ground.

"H-Hey! Get off!" Yuki laughed.

Neah pinned him to the ground, sitting on his chest, "I win! I win!"

"Oh yeah?" Yuki taunted, trying to push her off. After a few moments of struggling, he gave up. With a huff he said, "Fine. You win."

Neah smiled triumphantly and got off of him, sitting beside him on the grass. Green grass stains decorated the knees of her pink socks, a few other stains on her dress. Yuki's clothing was just as ruined. He crossed his legs beside Neah and looked at the distant sunset. "Hey, Neah?"